The Student Room Group

A level politics paper 2 questions?? (Edexcel)

Hey guys, politics paper 1 went utterly terrible for me, so I at least want to try and pull it back on papers 2 and 3.

Does anyone have a list of questions it’s essential to plan for paper 2, or even better yet, a series of essay plans? I’ve done about 14 for paper 2, but I’ve realised it doesn’t even cover half of past paper questions.

I honestly feel like however much I’ll plan they’ll throw a curveball question and I’ll be completely taken off guard like today with the source question. Honestly feeling very demotivated with Politics right now, so even any tips on how to manage exam technique or nerves would be appreciated, as that was a big part in why I did so badly today.
honestly same paper one was utter trash for me too. I need as much advice and support as I can get
wait did u complete all the questions
Reply 3
Original post by maddie’
wait did u complete all the questions
I ran out of time, managed to write a really horrible 30 marker with three paragraphs for the first question, yet only had time for two paragraphs on the second and two really short paragraphs on the third.
Original post by starview
Hey guys, politics paper 1 went utterly terrible for me, so I at least want to try and pull it back on papers 2 and 3.
Does anyone have a list of questions it’s essential to plan for paper 2, or even better yet, a series of essay plans? I’ve done about 14 for paper 2, but I’ve realised it doesn’t even cover half of past paper questions.
I honestly feel like however much I’ll plan they’ll throw a curveball question and I’ll be completely taken off guard like today with the source question. Honestly feeling very demotivated with Politics right now, so even any tips on how to manage exam technique or nerves would be appreciated, as that was a big part in why I did so badly today.

Watch Mr patels a level politics paper 2 prediction videos he’s got loads of good essay and plans and AO1 examples and it’s all condensed into a YouTube video, he’s also
Got a website online
I ran out of time, managed to write a really horrible 30 marker with three paragraphs for the first question, yet only had time for two paragraphs on the second and two really short paragraphs on the third.

which questions did you do/ what were your points? You might have done better than you thought if you had good examples/ analysis... quality over quantity!
Hello! I have a document with a bunch of possible and past paper questions for paper 1 (obviously won't need now), 2, and 3 if you still need it?
Reply 7
Original post by lachlan.or
Hello! I have a document with a bunch of possible and past paper questions for paper 1 (obviously won't need now), 2, and 3 if you still need it?
Yes please, that would be fantastic, thank you!
Reply 8
go have a look on the predictions page for this paper there are loads on predicitons on there

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7450120&p=99398068&page=1&viewing_newpost=1#post99398068
Yes please, that would be fantastic, thank you!

https://1drv.ms/w/s!AhkFoGRJctvqhcIhRvf5slTYT3_r1w?e=I5utyb
Hey, here's the link for the document with some past paper and possible questions on politics paper 1, 2, and 3 (US Politics) :smile:

Quick Reply