The Student Room Group

Student rent payment (please help)

I recently accepted my accommodation offer and paid the deposit. My rent installments are divided into four payments, with the first due on August 5th for £1150 and the second on October 1st for £3200. However, my student finance won't be disbursed until September 23rd. What options do I have to manage the first installment, given that it is due before my student finance is released? Anyone been in this situation before?
Original post by rafaelkessisis
I recently accepted my accommodation offer and paid the deposit. My rent installments are divided into four payments, with the first due on August 5th for £1150 and the second on October 1st for £3200. However, my student finance won't be disbursed until September 23rd. What options do I have to manage the first installment, given that it is due before my student finance is released? Anyone been in this situation before?

Either ask for a temporary loan from your family to pay the first instalment, or contact your accommodation provider to see if they have an alternative payment plan, or get a job over summer.
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply