Can i do an economics degree at LSE/Oxford etc without an economics alevel Watch

This discussion is closed.
footballhead
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I do maths chemistry french english history
any chance of getting in without an econ alevel?
thanks.
nas7232
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I dont think economics at a level is usually in the entry requirements as not all colleges offer it as a level. If you got an A in economics you should be fine, however further maths would be a good a level too.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
your subjects would be fine
KingsComp
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah definately, the most important subject is Maths - if you got that (which you have), then its fine.

Oxford and LSE wouldnt discriminate you if you dont have an A-level in Economics, but they do discriminate if you have non-traditional subjects such as Media Studies etc
RxB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by razzakakbar)
Yeah definately, the most important subject is Maths - if you got that (which you have), then its fine.

Oxford and LSE wouldnt discriminate you if you dont have an A-level in Economics, but they do discriminate if you have non-traditional subjects such as Media Studies etc
Only if you've got loads. I have loads of friends at Ox who have Media Studies, Sociology etc as one of their three A-levels.

Anyway, I'm doing PPE at Oxford and don't have economics A-level. I don't think it's hindered me, and mostly the people who did A-level think it was useless.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Agreed.

LSE definately would, Oxford far less so.
Sophdoph
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Maths is far more important than economics..and they don't like business studies, media, sports studies etc. Nice traditional A Levels with Maths and they won't give a stuff if you have economics..which is the subject you'd be studying. I think it's a bit silly
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (12)
6.42%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.16%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.11%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.43%
There's nothing they could do (54)
28.88%

Watched Threads