The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

MSc Speech and Language Therapy Essex Intensity

Hi guys,
I'm looking at doing my masters in speech and language therapy at the university of Essex, but I would be fully self funded and my savings won't be enough to cover all my expenses for the 2 years. I know there are bursaries and scholarships available but even with those I come up short. Does anyone know how many hours a week the coursework takes up or whether it would be possible to have a part-time job alongside my studies?
Original post by jazzybazza
Hi guys,
I'm looking at doing my masters in speech and language therapy at the university of Essex, but I would be fully self funded and my savings won't be enough to cover all my expenses for the 2 years. I know there are bursaries and scholarships available but even with those I come up short. Does anyone know how many hours a week the coursework takes up or whether it would be possible to have a part-time job alongside my studies?

Hiya @jazzybazza!
At Essex you are able to study part time while you have a job. We offer jobs on campus bought from the SU and administrative section at the university.
Working at the University of Essex | University of Essex
Jobs (essexstudent.com)

If you are a UK student and applying for your first masters you are able to get up to £1000 from the student loan company.
Master's Loan: Overview - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

I hope this information helps and if you have any further questions don't hesitate in messaging me.

Cat-Essex Official Rep
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Quick Reply