The Student Room Group

How is it working in dwp

How is it working in dwp
Reply 1
The DWP is a vast organisation with many different departments, job types, levels of responsibilities and roles.

I personally did not like my DWP role as a Work Coach in a job centre though my colleagues happily worked there for many years while my friend loves her Decision Maker roles in a Service Centre for disability benefits.

What jobs are you interested in doing there and why?
Reply 2
Original post by Compyjo
The DWP is a vast organisation with many different departments, job types, levels of responsibilities and roles.
I personally did not like my DWP role as a Work Coach in a job centre though my colleagues happily worked there for many years while my friend loves her Decision Maker roles in a Service Centre for disability benefits.
What jobs are you interested in doing there and why?

Decision making is the role i have applied and do dwp sponsor visa for candidates
Original post by Justin316
Decision making is the role i have applied and do dwp sponsor visa for candidates

If you need a visa you may need to check you meet civil service nationality requirements: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nationality-rules/civil-service-nationality-rules-html
Reply 4
Original post by Justin316

Check the job description which may clarify if you need to be a British citizen.

Also when you applied, you would have completed sections relating to the right to work so you can check your submitted application for your entry to make sure it's accurate.

Thirdly, your job ad will provide the contact details of the recruitment team for you to discuss the matter.

Quick Reply