The Student Room Group

Is re-taking AS levels business exam hard?

I just took my AS levels business exam and I think I failed. Is A2 business hard that I won't be able to pass? I've heard business being a relatively easy subject through my friends (it's not easy for me because I have no interest in it). But I have to pass somehow since it's one of my three subjects..
Reply 1
Original post by sjdhjhmjdmdj
I just took my AS levels business exam and I think I failed. Is A2 business hard that I won't be able to pass? I've heard business being a relatively easy subject through my friends (it's not easy for me because I have no interest in it). But I have to pass somehow since it's one of my three subjects..

To pass any subject you should have an interest in it. Business studies is hard because you have to know the full two years worth of content, models and theories as well as the maths for all three papers. As well as being able to construct good essays within a limited time period. Its no harder than any of the other subjects but it does require a lot of revision - its deffo not the easiest and I think a lot of people take this a level thinking it will be an easy third subject but yeah... So far this years papers for aqa for me and others (judging by the chat) have not been the best papers.
Reply 2

I hated business a level, started revising 6 days before (no notes nothing, just the cgp) and got a B overall. I could’ve done way better but just didn’t care honestly, it wasn’t worth it to me. What I’m trying to say is that I disagree with the other persons reply about having to be interested or like it. You just have to give it whatever you’ve got honestly. The AS level shouldn’t be too hard to retake bc first year business I found way way way easier than second year. Second year was not fun, I hated it. The content was harder, way more numerical and just boring. But what I’m trying to say overall is that just give it what you’ve got, you’ll have to push urself but you’ll be ok. having study buddies also helps, I had 2 friends who i studied with right up until the minute before the exam and it’s way way more motivating.
Original post by siennar
I hated business a level, started revising 6 days before (no notes nothing, just the cgp) and got a B overall. I could’ve done way better but just didn’t care honestly, it wasn’t worth it to me. What I’m trying to say is that I disagree with the other persons reply about having to be interested or like it. You just have to give it whatever you’ve got honestly. The AS level shouldn’t be too hard to retake bc first year business I found way way way easier than second year. Second year was not fun, I hated it. The content was harder, way more numerical and just boring. But what I’m trying to say overall is that just give it what you’ve got, you’ll have to push urself but you’ll be ok. having study buddies also helps, I had 2 friends who i studied with right up until the minute before the exam and it’s way way more motivating.

Thank you so much!! This gives me hope.
Reply 4
Thank you so much!! This gives me hope.

of course!!! message me if u need anything 💗

Quick Reply