The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Summer storage plymouth

Hi,
Can anyone help? My daughter is studying dentistry in Plymouth, and we need to move her stuff from Plymouth to Truro and then back to Plymouth. We can't bring it home, so we need a solution for storing and transporting her belongings. Has anyone experienced this before in Plymouth. We are looking for a company that is reasonable and can pick up the boxes, store them, and deliver them back next year. I've searched online, but it's very confusing and I can't find a clear answer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
Can anyone help? My daughter is studying dentistry in Plymouth, and we need to move her stuff from Plymouth to Truro and then back to Plymouth. We can't bring it home, so we need a solution for storing and transporting her belongings. Has anyone experienced this before in Plymouth. We are looking for a company that is reasonable and can pick up the boxes, store them, and deliver them back next year. I've searched online, but it's very confusing and I can't find a clear answer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ok shame
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Hey! Was in the same boat, was totally confused when I was looking at storage over summer. I'm in Bath, but used this company Door2Door Student Storage in 2nd year- they came to my accommodation, picked up the boxes and stored them over summer, then re-delivered them to me when I wanted them back. Few of my mates used them too... I'm pretty sure they go across the UK so might be worth checking out 😄 They were really nice too, so would recommend them
Hi,

Hi off topic but is your daughter 3rd/4th year please? Can I private message you please bc I would like to know more about the dentistry course there and what happens later in the course. I just firmed Plymouth.
Hi,

Hi there!

I haven't personally experienced this before so can't recommend any specific companies or methods etc. but I would definitely contact local storage companies, removals companies, or even enquire with a current student accommodation provider as many often provide temporary summer storage solutions.

Hopefully someone will be able to recommend some specific providers for you!

Best of luck 😊

-Alfie, University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Rep
(edited 1 month ago)
Hi off topic but is your daughter 3rd/4th year please? Can I private message you please bc I would like to know more about the dentistry course there and what happens later in the course. I just firmed Plymouth.

Hi there! 🙂

If you're looking to find out more about the dentistry courses from current students, I'd recommend reaching out to our student representatives on Unibuddy! They will be able to answer any questions you might have about the course and chat honestly about their student experience here with us in Plymouth.

If you have any more questions, feel free to reach out!

Best of luck! 😊

-Alfie, University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Rep

Quick Reply