The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

uni of sheffield catered accomodation

Hi! I was taking a look at the accomodation options and noticed there's catered accomodation at stephenson hall. I've tried searching online but I'm quite confused... It seems like it's basically a card with money added to it? Is there actually any difference between spending that money yourself or using the card? What exactly does the catered accomodation entail
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I was taking a look at the accomodation options and noticed there's catered accomodation at stephenson hall. I've tried searching online but I'm quite confused... It seems like it's basically a card with money added to it? Is there actually any difference between spending that money yourself or using the card? What exactly does the catered accomodation entail

Hi!
This is something that I believe has only started this year, so unfortunately I don't know much about it. The best people to contact would be the accommodation office, and they will be able to explain how it works.
Phone: +44 114 222 4488 Email: [email protected].
There are multiple cafes and food outlets across campus, so it may be that you can buy from any of the vendors with a card. But I am only guessing.
Is there any reason that you were looking at the catered accommodation as opposed to the self-catered options?
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
Hi!
This is something that I believe has only started this year, so unfortunately I don't know much about it. The best people to contact would be the accommodation office, and they will be able to explain how it works.
Phone: +44 114 222 4488 Email: [email protected].
There are multiple cafes and food outlets across campus, so it may be that you can buy from any of the vendors with a card. But I am only guessing.
Is there any reason that you were looking at the catered accommodation as opposed to the self-catered options?
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)

ohh okay thank you

Quick Reply