The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

University of Leicester

i’m planning to go through clearance to apply for Criminology and Forensic Psychology at the University of Leicester i need ABB - 128 ucas points
i do one A level and two BTEC National Extended Certificates ( one merit and one distinction) as well as an Extended Project,
my predicted ucas points add up to around 132-140
but i’m unsure whether they will accept me as i meet the ucas requirements but not the grade requirements as i got a merit in one of my BTECs which is ACC + EPQ grade not ABB which is the original offer
does anyone have any advice for this?? or know whether they accept based on Ucas points or just grades??
Hi there,

It's great to hear you're interested in applying for Criminology and Forensic Psychology at the University of Leicester through clearing.

While the standard offer is ABB, meeting the UCAS points requirement of 128 is also crucial. In your case, your predicted points (132-140) are above the required threshold. Given your strong UCAS points, you have a good chance of being accepted. However, I recommend contacting our admissions team directly to discuss your qualifications and get personalized advice. They can provide clarity on how your specific combination of grades and qualifications will be assessed.

Good luck!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Sumayyah
Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Quick Reply