The Student Room Group

N5 chemistry

Anyone got tips on remembering calculations, meanings, phrases in Chemistry? I don’t, it’s like a whole new language AND I’ve got my exam tomorrow for Chemistry. Great.
Reply 1
Original post by yangyang.0
Anyone got tips on remembering calculations, meanings, phrases in Chemistry? I don’t, it’s like a whole new language AND I’ve got my exam tomorrow for Chemistry. Great.

Try and do as much past papers questions as you can if you have not done so already. This should give you a very good idea of what will be in tomorrows exam as the questions are mostly very similar every year. Doing this will also tell you which definitions you have forgotten. I recommend BBC Bitesize, SCHOLAR and class notes for definitions. The short tests on Bitesize and SCHOLAR can help with checking your knowledge really quickly if you have done loads of past papers. I find that when I have written the definition enough time it eventually stays in head. For calculations you don't necessarily have to remember the formulas as they are all in the data booklet so again practicing the calculations in past papers will tell you which formula to use for each question. Make sure to use the marking instructions to check you are writing down exactly what the marker is locking for. If the marking instructions are vague (as they often are) JABChem's website has good detailed solutions to all questions in every past paper.
Reply 2
Original post by yangyang.0

i use mass = Mr mol for molar calculations and remember it as 'mister mol'

Quick Reply