The Student Room Group

AQA PE (physical education) GCSE paper 1

how did u all find it !
Reply 1
I thought it was generally good, the only thing I’m worried about is not enough AO3 points for the 9 marker, and the 40 push-ups question I put maximal strength, idk if it’s right or not. 😅
Reply 2
Original post by hothot
how did u all find it !

Pretty easy, I got 1st class lever on the levers question and then transverse plane + longitudinal axis for the axis. How about everyone else?
Reply 3
i think it went okay but I was so unprepared for the plyometrics question, I litch skipped revising it 😭😭
Original post by jakobb11
Pretty easy, I got 1st class lever on the levers question and then transverse plane + longitudinal axis for the axis. How about everyone else?

Yh same
Reply 5
Original post by jakobb11

yeahh I got both of those answers too
Reply 6
Original post by miyam23
i think it went okay but I was so unprepared for the plyometrics question, I litch skipped revising it 😭😭

Same out of all the things to ask a 9 marker on 💀 and wth is aqa’s obsession with putting 40/50 year olds in the question
Reply 7
Original post by miyam23

What points did you use for it? I wrote about how it’s cheap, easy to set up, can help build power & improve his skill. But it’s not the same as triple jump, it could be too strenuous for him bc of his age and he did suffer from multiple leg injuries, etc.
Reply 8
It was okay but I didnt get to the end. What was the 9 marker? And what did you put for the question before that?
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Kayla35689
I thought it was generally good, the only thing I’m worried about is not enough AO3 points for the 9 marker, and the 40 push-ups question I put maximal strength, idk if it’s right or not. 😅

I got dynamic strength on the push up one cause I thought if they did repeated reps it meant like repeated contractions so it was dynamic? Not sure if that’s right but my sister does a level and says she thinks it is x
Original post by frejalobley1
I got dynamic strength on the push up one cause I thought if they did repeated reps it meant like repeated contractions so it was dynamic? Not sure if that’s right but my sister does a level and says she thinks it is x

You’re probably right idek what maximal strength means 😞
Original post by rev212
It was okay but I was time pressured and didnt get to the end. What was the 9 marker? And what did you put as your answer to the 6 marker?

9 marker was about this 50 yr old guy & plyometrics. The 6 marker I think it was about bones.

I talked about long bones = gross movement & saving the ball in volleyball, short bones = precise movements like smashes & flat bones = protection of vital organs so in case the ball comes flying at you too quick
Reply 12
Original post by Kayla35689
9 marker was about this 50 yr old guy & plyometrics. The 6 marker I think it was about bones.
I talked about long bones = gross movement & saving the ball in volleyball, short bones = precise movements like smashes & flat bones = protection of vital organs so in case the ball comes flying at you too quick

did u have to write abt irregular bones aswell?
Original post by jxsh.k

I don’t think so, tbh idk I didn’t write about them bc I wasn’t sure what they did 😅 but I did my 3 points + justified so I think that’s good enough? Hopefully
Original post by jxsh.k

I completely forgot abt them but I wrote abt flat, long n short and i think that will be calm
Reply 15
For the bone question was It alright to have done a different sport for each different bone type
Reply 16
Original post by hbt251007
For the bone question was It alright to have done a different sport for each different bone type
thats what i did icl. idk tho
Reply 17
did everyone put hip flexors of quadriceps for the labelling of the msucles?
Reply 18
Original post by lucy05678
did everyone put hip flexors of quadriceps for the labelling of the msucles?

i didn’t do quadriceps’s i did hip flexors, latisissmus dorsi and i think tibilas anterior

Quick Reply