The Student Room Group

Leicester or Lincoln for pharmacy 2024?

I have offers from both Leiciester and Lincoln for pharmacy. Just wondering if anyone else does and which unis you're picking/why?
Reply 1
Original post by r-reputation
I have offers from both Leiciester and Lincoln for pharmacy. Just wondering if anyone else does and which unis you're picking/why?

Daughter had offers for Notts Newcastle Lincoln Leicester and DMU. Ended up putting Newcastle as firm and Leicester as insurance. Didn't pick Lincoln as it's approx 30 to 40 mins from where we live, quite a small city compared to other choices, she knows it well but it is a lot less busy and less things to do/ places to go and visit than the other cities she chose. (Just her opinion) Also on open day said you have 2 full days lectures beginning of week, then rest of week free.Notts ruled out as campus based, she prefers cities, although the campus was lovely. Newcastle she loved, and liked Leicester to when she went for open day at DMU, she also walked to Leicester uni whilst there is see the Leicester campus to.Picked Leicester as second as lower grade entry required so if she doesn't get the grades she wants, hoping to get in there. Liked Leicester city and uni, said it was very green with parks etc, even though it was in centre city, also placements on course really good, only downside extra financial costs and can be put anywhere in country.

If you have any question ref Lincoln, I'll try n help
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Reply 2

Did you go to Leicester open day, just curious what they said about costs for placements and also where they send you as the email did got said can be sent all over midlands or the country
Original post by SamW148
Did you go to Leicester open day, just curious what they said about costs for placements and also where they send you as the email did got said can be sent all over midlands or the country

Yeah i did go to the offer holder day. In terms of placement they said they have enough placements so that everyone can do it in Leicester so you can just say in accommodation and go from there if you want. They also have links with boots, Day Lewis and one more community pharmacy (I forgot which one) nationally so you can stay at home and go to the nearest branch to your house if you want to. So its not like you'll be assigned somewhere random and you have to get accommodation and things there or anything.
Leicester.

Lincoln students have been desperately looking for transfer places at other Unis.
Clearing something is 'wrong' with that course.

Hi @r-reputation

Congratulations on receiving offers from both Leicester and Lincoln for Pharmacy!

Our Pharmacy program is highly regarded for its strong focus on clinical practice, research opportunities, and support for student development. Leicester's state-of-the-art facilities, experienced faculty, and strong connections with local healthcare providers ensure a comprehensive learning experience. Additionally, our vibrant campus life and diverse student community make Leicester a great place to study and live. As a current student at Leicester, I am confident that you'll find Leicester to be an excellent choice for your Pharmacy education.

Whilst the Pharmacy course itself is brand new, the School of Healthcare at the University of Leicester has more than 40 years of experience & expertise in Health education. For the first three years, you will join other healthcare students from across the College of Life Sciences (Medicine, Nursing, Midwifery, Physiotherapy, Diagnostic Radiography, Operating Department Practitioners) in a series of inter-professional teaching and learning sessions. Learning alongside other healthcare students is ideal preparation for the workplace environment.

During the course, you will develop your knowledge and skills through a mix of academic study and work-based learning. We believe that gaining practical, real-world experience is one of the best ways to develop the professional competencies demanded of a pharmacist. Starting in your first year, throughout the MPharm you will spend over 40 weeks on clinical placement in a wide range of settings.

If you have any questions or need more information, feel free to reach out!

Sumayyah
Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience

Quick Reply

Latest