The Student Room Group

English language paper 1 question 5 aqa

How to revise for question 5
Revision

Personally, I would recommend reading a lot of books. Make them completely random and generally fiction. This means that is you get a picture then you can base your writing on it. It makes it easier.
However, by just finding random pictures online / asking an AI to generate a random image and then writing about it in the format that you have been given helps too.

Formatting

Also, I would recommend adapting a Drop Zoom Flash Echo if you have not been taught it, in which you describe what is in the picture as if you are there, zoom into a specific detail (IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE IN THE PICTURE! you can write about a random man/woman/child/dog. It is the description that matters. Having said that, do not write about a post-apocalyptic scene when given a funfair / playground with children playing). Then flash back or forward to what happened before or after that picture was taken, so maybe someone pressed an alarm and the building is evacuated (if you were given a picture about an empty building). Finally, Echo the beginning. If you started of with a person entering a building, make them exit, or if you want to convey the monotony of their life, make them re-enter every day.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 2
I can't remember if this is the descriptive writing or non fiction.

If it's descriptive writing just write out a piece and keep getting it marked until it's perfect. Then tweak it to whatever context you have in the exam
Original post by Ajhdhd
I can't remember if this is the descriptive writing or non fiction.
If it's descriptive writing just write out a piece and keep getting it marked until it's perfect. Then tweak it to whatever context you have in the exam

Paper 1 Question 5 is the thing where you write about the picture, Paper 2 Question 5 is the speech/letter

Quick Reply