The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Help with choosing between unis

Hi,

I am a current Year 13 A Level student currently studying Business, English Literature and Philosophy and Ethics. For my UCAS choices, I applied to Society, Media and Culture for Leicester but I'm now reconsidering changing my university option for the same course at Birmingham, or even possibly going through clearing. Can anyone who does these degrees provide me with more insight on what it's like to study and also live in these different cities?
Reply 1
Have you asked Birmingham if they are still accepting Extra applications for that course? And be aware that even if it is still open, you would now have to apply through Extra - which means you have to drop both your current Firm and Insurance.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Have you asked Birmingham if they are still accepting Extra applications for that course? And be aware that even if it is still open, you would now have to apply through Extra - which means you have to drop both your current Firm and Insurance.

I don't really like that option because that would make me put all my eggs into Birmingham, so is there any way I could see if I could go through clearing for that subject?
Original post by eternal777
I don't really like that option because that would make me put all my eggs into Birmingham, so is there any way I could see if I could go through clearing for that subject?

If you wish to enter clearing you can but that wont be until results day and then you would also have to give up your firm. There is no have your cake and eat it system. Both extra and clearing are meant for students who dont hold offers. You had your 5 choices like everyone else initially and you have to decide whether to give up your current choices. If you dont you cant apply in any other way. These are UCAS rules.

Quick Reply