The Student Room Group

Proof of Unearned Income

Hi, I am unsure of how to provide evidence for interest earned from a savings bank account as I do not have anything on the list in the application form. My statements say that there has been no tax deducted so far. Please could you advise me on what I should do? Also, what year should the interest earned be for?
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Original post by winterreading
Hi, I am unsure of how to provide evidence for interest earned from a savings bank account as I do not have anything on the list in the application form. My statements say that there has been no tax deducted so far. Please could you advise me on what I should do? Also, what year should the interest earned be for?

Hi there,

You can provide a bank statement for the unearned income.

Thanks,
Claire
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,
You can provide a bank statement for the unearned income.
Thanks,
Claire

Hi Claire, thanks for your reply. Does the bank statement need to show the total interest for a specific year? Or is it okay for it show the interest for 3 months?
Hi Claire, thanks for your reply. Does the bank statement need to show the total interest for a specific year? Or is it okay for it show the interest for 3 months?
Can I just check did you receive an email/letter asking for evidence or does this show on your to do list online?

Thanks,
Claire
Hi Claire, apologies for any confusion. I have not submitted my student finance application online yet due to internet issues, so I have not received an email and it's not on my todo list either, but I wanted to check to make sure I understand what I need to do when I finally submit my application.

I have done some reading about this and am confused about whether it is only interest that is taxed which needs to be sent as evidence. I have not had any tax deducted from my interest yet and do not expect to have any deducted for the next academic year. Please could you clarify whether I will still need to upload anything?
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Hi Claire, apologies for any confusion. I have not submitted my student finance application online yet due to internet issues, so I have not received an email and it's not on my todo list either, but I wanted to check to make sure I understand what I need to do when I finally submit my application.
I have done some reading about this and am confused about whether it is only interest that is taxed which needs to be sent as evidence. I have not had any tax deducted from my interest yet and do not expect to have any deducted for the next academic year. Please could you clarify whether I will still need to upload anything?

All students are required to declare any taxable unearned income (income received without working) that they expect to receive in the academic year (AY) which they are applying for.

Income that will be taken into account

Bank or Building Society Gross Interest

Property Lettings or Rent

Dividends from investments/shares/unit trusts

Trusts or Sponsorships

Pensions

Payment from their employer who has released them to attend their course

Any other payment received for attending the course (This does not include University Bursaries)

Thanks,
Claire
Original post by Claire SFE
All students are required to declare any taxable unearned income (income received without working) that they expect to receive in the academic year (AY) which they are applying for.
Income that will be taken into account

Bank or Building Society Gross Interest

Property Lettings or Rent

Dividends from investments/shares/unit trusts

Trusts or Sponsorships

Pensions

Payment from their employer who has released them to attend their course

Any other payment received for attending the course (This does not include University Bursaries)

Thanks,
Claire

Hi Claire, thank you for your help.
Hi Claire, thank you for your help.

You're welcome!
Have a nice day!
Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending