The Student Room Group

Does anyone know if I can ask to do a gcse?

So my school doesn’t do textiles gcse, which is something I am interested in. It is a private school with a good art/wood and metal work department but both of those I am absolutely terrible at, so I rly just want to do textiles. Is there any way I could do it at home or ask for a special arrangement? I’m rly not sure.
why not ask the school ?
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Bee2414798
So my school doesn’t do textiles gcse, which is something I am interested in. It is a private school with a good art/wood and metal work department but both of those I am absolutely terrible at, so I rly just want to do textiles. Is there any way I could do it at home or ask for a special arrangement? I’m rly not sure.

Speak to your Director of Studies, if there is enough interest and teachers able to teach it (plus equipment, option blocks etc), they may be willing to introduce it.

If not, options are:

Going to a school that offers it at GCSE.

Finding an organisation that offers it (e.g. you can study GCSE & A level Dance at the Royal Academy of Dance in London on Saturdays).

Finding an arts centre that offer it as a practical course. There is one near me that offers this, jewellery making efc. It is not examined and won't give you GCSE but might satisfy your interests.

Quick Reply