The Student Room Group

mental health nursing

i currently have a conditional offer to study anatomical sciences but really want to go into mental health nursing instead. what’s the likelihood of the course being on clearing and being able to get a place?
Original post by mim06_
i currently have a conditional offer to study anatomical sciences but really want to go into mental health nursing instead. what’s the likelihood of the course being on clearing and being able to get a place?

Some universities may still be open for applications to Mental Health Nursing past the UCAS deadline, it is worth having a look now to see if there are any options for you 🙂 CCCU is definitely still open for this course at the moment. If you have already replied to accept your current conditional offer, you might need to check what you would need to do if you were looking to apply elsewhere outside of Clearing.

In terms of clearing, it can change every year, so it is really hard to guess whether there will be space or not as it depends on the number of applications vs offers received. If you were not able to find a place in Clearing, you could always take a gap year and reapply next year. It is important to remember that you will be studying for 3 years, so you want to make sure the course is one that you really want to study and are interested in! 🙂
Original post by mim06_

In addition to the advice above, you would need to be prepared for an interview if you do go through clearing. Have you got any relevant shadowing experience and public-facing work/volunteering experience? In an interview you will need to show that you understand the role and the NHS values and 6 Cs.

If you think you are or could be ready for this, then consider using UCAS Extra now to apply for any courses with vacancies. You would need to reject your current offers to do this. If you decide to wait until results day and you have a confirmed place with one of your current offers, then you would need decline this by using the 'Release me into clearing' button that apears on UCAS around that time.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/types-undergraduate-offers/extra-choices

Quick Reply