The Student Room Group

Stress and symptoms advice needed..

I was just wondering whether anyone else experiences what I do. When I start getting stressed I'll often get headaches which is fairly normal and I'm pretty dehydrated 24/7 so it's fairly normal but I was wondering whether a near constant headache for about four years is something I should get checked. I figured it's mostly dehydration and stress though. Another thing is when I get stressed I get nausea but am not actually sick. It has kept me off school before as I have felt that bad. Whenever I have a stressful thought that I am worried about it will spike a wave of nausea and it is generally not fun especially when I'm so worried about exams. Does any one have any advice? Relate to how I feel?
Reply 1
See your GP ASAP.
Original post by Surnia
See your GP ASAP.
I have been trying to for a month but I can't get an appointment though I've asked and the wait list is pretty long.
Original post by sleepless-italy
I was just wondering whether anyone else experiences what I do. When I start getting stressed I'll often get headaches which is fairly normal and I'm pretty dehydrated 24/7 so it's fairly normal but I was wondering whether a near constant headache for about four years is something I should get checked. I figured it's mostly dehydration and stress though. Another thing is when I get stressed I get nausea but am not actually sick. It has kept me off school before as I have felt that bad. Whenever I have a stressful thought that I am worried about it will spike a wave of nausea and it is generally not fun especially when I'm so worried about exams. Does any one have any advice? Relate to how I feel?

Anxiety feeds on uncertainty, see your GP and get rid of some of it by getting some clarity/reassurance. 4 years of doing the same thing and ignoring it is not making things better, so no point doing the same for another 4 years.

Greg
Original post by greg tony
Anxiety feeds on uncertainty, see your GP and get rid of some of it by getting some clarity/reassurance. 4 years of doing the same thing and ignoring it is not making things better, so no point doing the same for another 4 years.
Greg

That's very true.. I'll try see if I can actually get an appointment. Thanks!

Quick Reply