The Student Room Group

marriage

hi i dont know how this works but here we go. im 21 female and my family withdrawn me out from university i was in my second year. my family go they will find someone in the uk for me to marry as im off that age and tbh i dont wanna find someone until im 24. i know this will cause a heated argument at home. i need some advice and guidance
Why did they pull you out? I’ll be honest this doesn’t sound ideal as university benefits your life and your future, it sounds like it wasn’t your choice? Would it be better if you take a step away from your family so they know less about your personal life? It sounds a little bit controlling to me the way they’re pushing it so much at this age.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Why did they pull you out? I’ll be honest this doesn’t sound ideal as university benefits your life and your future, it sounds like it wasn’t your choice? Would it be better if you take a step away from your family so they know less about your personal life? It sounds a little bit controlling to me the way they’re pushing it so much at this age.

its not as easy as i am a pakistani girl. they pulled me out of university because of the environment of girls and boys and mates being so free.
your parents cannot ruin your life like this and you shan't let it happen. explain your reasoning behind wanting to finish your degree. you can worry about marriage later.
Reply 4
your parents cannot ruin your life like this and you shan't let it happen. explain your reasoning behind wanting to finish your degree. you can worry about marriage later.

i have tried to explain and they response is i can finish my education whilst being married other girls have done it so can i.
Reply 5
hi i dont know how this works but here we go. im 21 female and my family withdrawn me out from university i was in my second year. my family go they will find someone in the uk for me to marry as im off that age and tbh i dont wanna find someone until im 24. i know this will cause a heated argument at home. i need some advice and guidance

Forced marriage is illegal in the UK and help can be found through here:

https://www.gov.uk/stop-forced-marriage

But how did your family withdraw you? Were you living at home and they stopped you leaving the house? Who called the uni?

Sounds like force just wondering sister are you Asian? First and foremost do your family even know that getting your education sorted out and completed before marriage with a stable job in place would benefit you?
Reply 7
Original post by Mohammed_2000
Sounds like force just wondering sister are you Asian? First and foremost do your family even know that getting your education sorted out and completed before marriage with a stable job in place would benefit you?

Hi brother yes im Asian and yes i have explained to them but they still dont understand or get it on why my heart not into marriage yet. they think every daughter should settle down at the age of 19 to 22 with a husband but i dont agree with the concept
Hi brother yes im Asian and yes i have explained to them but they still dont understand or get it on why my heart not into marriage yet. they think every daughter should settle down at the age of 19 to 22 with a husband but i dont agree with the concept

Salaam sister yes stability is key, I don’t assume you have things like driving into place as of yet do you and obviously you haven’t even finished your studying. Yes our Prophet Muhammad (SAWM, PBUH) encouraged getting married at a young age like the 19 to 22 but especially if you don’t have these 3 concepts into place why they forcefully wanting you to get married against your will especially. Aren’t your parents aware of the fact it’s prohibited within our religion, and is considered illegal.
Reply 9
Original post by Surnia
Forced marriage is illegal in the UK and help can be found through here:
https://www.gov.uk/stop-forced-marriage
But how did your family withdraw you? Were you living at home and they stopped you leaving the house? Who called the uni?

theyve taken away my phone i lived away for uni as it was far away and i dont know how to drive they have given my flat up i cant access my university email as its on my phone or ipad.
theyve taken away my phone i lived away for uni as it was far away and i dont know how to drive they have given my flat up i cant access my university email as its on my phone or ipad.

You can still contact the FMU without a phone number at [email protected].

Your parents do not have the right to do this. If my parents were doing this to me I'd cease contact with them immediately and remove them from my life. Of course, what you do is up to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending