The Student Room Group

maintenance loan - amount?

hi my house is a single income house but my dad earns like 50 a year so im not on low income but i looked at estimates and websites and they all said i could or should get around 4.2k or 4.8k per academic year, but on sfe it says like im going to get the 3790 which is the minimum and i dont understand why if its based off of household income??

my parents have 3 other kids who still live at home - all older, and two have proper jobs which earn more than my dad but they count as dependents bc they live at home, so their income goes on too - maybe that affects it?? im not sure
Original post by fasiha21
hi my house is a single income house but my dad earns like 50 a year so im not on low income but i looked at estimates and websites and they all said i could or should get around 4.2k or 4.8k per academic year, but on sfe it says like im going to get the 3790 which is the minimum and i dont understand why if its based off of household income??

my parents have 3 other kids who still live at home - all older, and two have proper jobs which earn more than my dad but they count as dependents bc they live at home, so their income goes on too - maybe that affects it?? im not sure

Thread moved to the Ask SFE forum so that an official rep can advise. :smile:
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by fasiha21

Hi there, if you want to contact us on 0300 100 0607 or via the live chat in your account we can check and ensure you've been means tested. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending