What essays did you choose?
Reply 1
Original post by davejohn0
How did everyone find the exam?

The sources were horrible!!! I chose the James I and Charles II essays
Original post by Ava_678
extremely depressed cause i didn't finish even though i had more than enough to write and perfectly fine ideas, literwlly just that mistake has probably lost me like 10 entire marks
Reply 3
Original post by Ava_678

Agreed!, but at least everyone I have spoken to hated the sources too. I did James I as well and William III
How did everyone answer the Millenarianism question??

I found the extracts really difficult but I think I wrote an okay answer. I chose Charles ii and I think I wrote a rly good essay on it. James I I had to rush cause I had 30 mins left and I didn't have enough time to write a conclusion even though I could've written so many more stuff but overall I think I didn't go that bad. Whats the grade boundary for an A?
Original post by andreasgeo1
I found the extracts really difficult but I think I wrote an okay answer. I chose Charles ii and I think I wrote a rly good essay on it. James I I had to rush cause I had 30 mins left and I didn't have enough time to write a conclusion even though I could've written so many more stuff but overall I think I didn't go that bad. Whats the grade boundary for an A?

What kind of things did you use as evidence in the extract q?
Reply 7
Original post by usernumber271991
What kind of things did you use as evidence in the extract q?

The republic was a weakness of mine in my revision so knowledge was my weakness. I mentioned Levellers and John Lilburne infiltrating the nma, quakers etc - in terms of balance, i talked about the army crushing the diggers, lilburne imprisoned, thomas harrison (leader of fifth monarchists) being executed in 1660 once the monarchy was restored, cromwell being a political moderate and so on. I focused heavily on analysis.

i didn't like the extract question on millienarianism, mostly because i didn't have much to talk about
The republic was a weakness of mine in my revision so knowledge was my weakness. I mentioned Levellers and John Lilburne infiltrating the nma, quakers etc - in terms of balance, i talked about the army crushing the diggers, lilburne imprisoned, thomas harrison (leader of fifth monarchists) being executed in 1660 once the monarchy was restored, cromwell being a political moderate and so on. I focused heavily on analysis.
I talked about similar things too! Although I didn’t really have the best understanding on Millenarianism I had a go at it. I mentioned the significance of the First Civil war helping the emergence and growth of Millenarianism especially with the Self denying ordinance and the rise of the Levellers who spread pamphlets. Talked about the Second civil war heightening Millenarianism. I also mentioned things about the Diggers and how they were suppressed and same with Levellers during In 1649 and 1650 who were growing in popularity. Also talked about the Fifth Monarchists, notably Harrison and his influence on Cromwell, which saw Fifth Monarchist involvement in the Nominated Assembly subsequently. But I think I didn’t have the best arguments as I mentioned Ranters and Quakers and idk how relevant they are.
I didn’t spend a full hour on the extracts ( as I prioritised Section B first ), but still left myself an okay amount of time for it, so hopefully it was okay and my other questions can make up for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending