Sinn Fein3%
DUP0%
SDLP0%
Ulster Unionist0%
Other3%
Don't know19%
Spoil ballot/won't vote 0%
Total votes: 31
The UK General Election has been announced for 4th July 2024 and TSR wants to know how you'd vote in this week's opinion poll!!

As we build up to the July general election on TSR, we're asking how would you vote in a general election? Leaving aside whether you're eligible to vote, old enough, a British/qualifying citizen, etc., assuming you had a vote, who would you cast it for? :biggrin:

Share your thoughts below!

erin11
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by erin11
The UK General Election has been announced for 4th July 2024 and TSR wants to know how you'd vote in this week's opinion poll!!
As we build up to the July general election on TSR, we're asking how would you vote in a general election? Leaving aside whether you're eligible to vote, old enough, a British/qualifying citizen, etc., assuming you had a vote, who would you cast it for? :biggrin:
erin11

Grow your Graders, welcome to the official General Election Poll! Even if you can't vote in the actual election, let us know your opinion by voting in the poll above! Feel free to also leave a comment below about your vote of choice :biggrin:!

Spoiler

I would vote Green however, they do not stand a chance where I live but there is an independent candidate who stands more of chance, so I'll probably vote for them.
Reply 3
If I could vote this year I would most likely vote for Alliance (since in Northern Ireland, there's no electoral basis for the Tories and Labour--its v unique but Alliance are the equivalent of the Lib Dems here...kind of)
If I was voting for any other political party on the UK mainland, probably the greens or labour
I would vote labour or green even tho I'm not the biggest fan of the guys in charge rn but I am not old enough yet...
All i know is deffo not conservatives
Reply 6
While I'd be happy for either Labour or the Lib Dems to win, I live in a Labour/Tory swing seat that is currently Tory held by is likely to go to Labour, so it definitely makes more sense to vote for Labour where I am. My Labour candidate is also a fairly experienced one with a good voting record from when she was previously an MP in another constituency (Heidi Alexander).
I'm thinking I'm pretty likely to vote Lib Dem now! I don't particularly like my existing Labour MP and the Plaid candidate is wayyyy too left-wing for me.

That'll make it 4/4 elections where I've had a good think and ended up coming back to the Lib Dems by default :rofl:
I live in a Tory constituency where the Labour candidate has a decent chance to win, I’m not a fan of Labour at the moment but unfortunately Green vote is essentially a vote for the tories. We’ll see
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by erin11
erin11

My biggest hate is the two-party system and FPTP (should’ve done a-level politics right). I could really vote for any party who wants to dismantle it.

One party I could never vote for though is the Greens or any party similar in belief to them, they would do nothing for people like me and in the future would lead to me being worse off.
Original post by GeorgeR2810
My biggest hate is the two-party system and FPTP (should’ve done a-level politics right). I could really vote for any party who wants to dismantle it.
One party I could never vote for though is the Greens or any party similar in belief to them, they would do nothing for people like me and in the future would lead to me being worse off.

I live in an ultra-safe Labour seat though, not like my vote would make any difference at all
Original post by GeorgeR2810

Is this because of their housing policy / attitude towards it?
Original post by Saracen's Fez
Is this because of their housing policy / attitude towards it?

It’s mainly to do with that, wanting to raise taxes more on higher income brackets and also raising inheritance tax. Left-wing politics (although a lot of it is to do with the people that push them) just don’t appeal to me at all.

I do agree with them on some social policies though, like LGBTQ, animal rights and devolution of power (but not independence for anywhere). But the economic side of their party I just can’t get behind and it’s why I would never vote for them.
i don't really want to vote labour, i'd prefer to vote green. but honestly, i think the choice for most young people is to vote out the conservatives. labour is just a more mild version of conservatives, the lesser of two evils.

i don't trust anyone / don't want to associate myself with anyone who votes tory, especially after the bill about arresting MPs who have been convicted of S/A since the vast vast majority of MPs who voted against it were tory.
Probably vote Labour because it was them that set up that Child Trust fund thing that allows me to get money once I’m 18. I believe this was also removed by conservatives later on because 07/08 (maybe even 09s) were the last ones to get it. Ofcourse, anyone can make a trust fund but this was money accessible to even the working class - so even if they put no money in the trust fund the government will continue to pay into it until the child turns 18.

Continuing on that idea it was also Labour that gave my parents citizenship into this country which has given me such a wonderful opportunity to be born and educated in a first world country and I cannot negate the fact it has considerably boosted my future prospects. Britain basically operates on a two party system because of the major influence both Labour and Conservative have over British parliament and politics (ignoring the Liberal Democrats etc) and although I understand now that there’s not much difference between the two - each being not that much better than the other - I would say that ,in my eyes , Labour is still the more favourable alternative due to their increased focus on working people in society rather than their already wealthy and advantaged counterparts. I would also like to add I haven’t seen much good come from the conservatives in recent years. This is all superficial though, it’ll be a long two years before I’m even eligible to vote.

Latest

Trending

Trending