The Student Room Group

No clue where to start

My first A level is in 11 days (maths) and I actually have no idea how to start revising. I have so much to go over, mainly with biology that I’m confused about, and I don’t know how to go about revising everything. What’s the best way i can cover most of biology a level and also chemistry a level before my exams - just the main points? I tried and gave up with mindmaps, and want to do something other than past papers.
Original post by Anonymous
My first A level is in 11 days (maths) and I actually have no idea how to start revising. I have so much to go over, mainly with biology that I’m confused about, and I don’t know how to go about revising everything. What’s the best way i can cover most of biology a level and also chemistry a level before my exams - just the main points? I tried and gave up with mindmaps, and want to do something other than past papers.
Flashcards - probably online ones made by another person at this point on Quizlet or StudySmarter for example
I would really recommend past papers, but if you want to do something other than that, maybe topic based questions? Check out PhysicsMathsTutor for this. Just doing mindmaps is passive not active recall and will not help a lot with exam technique.

Identify your weak topics by testing yourself using flash cards. This should take no longer than 10-15 min from your study session. Quizlet is good for this, or the CGP flash cards.

Hey, I also do biology chemistry and maths. If you want a study partner ?
Good luck bio past papers and flashcards and chem just past paper and allery chemistry on YouTube chem is so predictable when you do a lot of past papers and make flashcards on bio marks scheme that you are getting good luck we are in this together I don’t do maths I do psych and am almost done with psych !
Reply 5
Original post by Smart282
Good luck bio past papers and flashcards and chem just past paper and allery chemistry on YouTube chem is so predictable when you do a lot of past papers and make flashcards on bio marks scheme that you are getting good luck we are in this together I don’t do maths I do psych and am almost done with psych !

Thank you! Everyone's advice is so helpful, I swear I've just forgotten how to revise since GCSEs 😭. I've been waiting for a sudden burst of motivation which never came. Good luck with psych and your other exams, which exam board do you do btw, out of curiosity??
Thank you! Everyone's advice is so helpful, I swear I've just forgotten how to revise since GCSEs 😭. I've been waiting for a sudden burst of motivation which never came. Good luck with psych and your other exams, which exam board do you do btw, out of curiosity??

For bio AQA and chem AQA psych edexcel and your welcome

I'd advise:

Active Recall: Instead of mindmaps, try using active recall techniques (use Anki or Quizlet) .

Video Tutorials: YouTube channels cognito.

Group Study.

(edited 1 month ago)
maybe start with a past paper, see what ur weak at, and focus on those. the topics you know ur deffo weak at, add those to the list. daily do 2 of them from the start, with video tutorials to explain and understand. at the end of the day, attempt them without looking and see if u got them right. repeat until u finish all the topics and do a new past paper and see what u get

Quick Reply