The Student Room Group

dentistry 5th choice?

does anyone know if you're applying to 4 dental schools, so your personal statement obviously reflects this, will your personal statement being on a different subject affect your application to your 5th choice?
for example my personal statement will be related to dentistry but i'm likely applying to neuroscience as my 5th subject, am i more likely to get rejected from neuroscience because my PS is surrounding dentistry?
Reply 1
Original post by njkwde
does anyone know if you're applying to 4 dental schools, so your personal statement obviously reflects this, will your personal statement being on a different subject affect your application to your 5th choice?
for example my personal statement will be related to dentistry but i'm likely applying to neuroscience as my 5th subject, am i more likely to get rejected from neuroscience because my PS is surrounding dentistry?

No. They will know that you are applying because u need to have a different 5th choice. For example, King's has a list of degree courses that can accept students with a dentistry focused personal statement on their website which includes Neuroscience. Queen Mary University of London also has a list of degree courses that they will accept for your 5th choice which includes Neuroscience BSc too.
Reply 2
If either of these universities are not of interest, other dental schools likely have a list of acceptable 5th choice degree courses on their website too.
Reply 3
It is also possible to transfer to dentistry in King's, if you are doing a subject that is similar or common to year 1 dentistry and you passed that year with good marks. So, even though ppl say 1st year doesn't count, it does at King's if you couldn't get into dentistry and want to transfer after 1st year.

Quick Reply