The Student Room Group

HELP! What excuses can I use to go to London for a full day for London Pride?

My parents are homophobic and I really want to go. I’ll be 16 by pride and London is only about an hours journey for me, so my parents will be fine the distance. I just have to come up with an excuse as to why I will be gone that exact day.

I was gonna say a concert, but it’s easily verifiable. Help!! What can I do?
Reply 1
You're going to view the universities maybe, or colleges? Like the campus? They can't really verify that if you're just wandering London, surely? Or maybe say your friends are going too and it's just a day out to London if your parents like / trust your friends that should work? But I guess they can call their parents... I can't think of anything else right now, but I wish you luck in getting there :biggrin:
Just say you're going to protest against Pride.
It's a completely inappropriate activity for a lone 16 year old to be partaking in and I would urge you not to go - especially without the knowledge of parents.
Reply 4
Original post by Trinculo
It's a completely inappropriate activity for a lone 16 year old to be partaking in and I would urge you not to go - especially without the knowledge of parents.

Why did you reply if you weren’t going to answer the question?
Original post by Anonymous
Why did you reply if you weren’t going to answer the question?

I see - so you are only looking for answers that you like?
Reply 6
Original post by Trinculo
I see - so you are only looking for answers that you like?

I’m looking for replies that answer the question 💀
Could you just say that you’re going shopping? Better still if you can go with a friend.
You could say that you're going to the Museum of Transport! Perhaps you could say old vehicles were mentioned at school in a history lesson, and you wanted to see them for yourself? Good luck, whatever the case! :smile:
How about being bold and honest with your folks, making a case for your attendance on it and answering positively to any queries and concerns they may have?

Quick Reply