The Student Room Group

Reapplying for midwifery

Hi,

I recently had an appeal dismissed regarding a second year module and can no longer continue studying midwifery at my university. I am planning to reapply to another university either for this year's intake or next year. The program leader at my old uni said that I would have to wait 2 academic years before reapplying again whether that is at my old uni or a new one.

I messaged UCAS today and they said that I can apply but to check with the universities if they have space. I have searched online but nothing comes up with the NMC about waiting 2 academic years before reapplying. I keep getting mixed information.

I am planning to call up some unis near me to check with them but has this happened to anyone else. I would really appreciate the advice.
Reply 1
Original post by _precious12_
Hi,
I recently had an appeal dismissed regarding a second year module and can no longer continue studying midwifery at my university. I am planning to reapply to another university either for this year's intake or next year. The program leader at my old uni said that I would have to wait 2 academic years before reapplying again whether that is at my old uni or a new one.
I messaged UCAS today and they said that I can apply but to check with the universities if they have space. I have searched online but nothing comes up with the NMC about waiting 2 academic years before reapplying. I keep getting mixed information.
I am planning to call up some unis near me to check with them but has this happened to anyone else. I would really appreciate the advice.
I have not been in this position what you are in.

At the end of the day the new university you want to go to so you can do your midwifing degree will have to look at all the reasons for why you have been dismissed for failure of your modules.
Each unit has there own rules and regulations regarding how many times a person can resit a module or even exams etc before they make their mind up about asking you to leave the course.

The new university will look at this before they decide to other you a place but yes it depends on whether the particular university has any available places to take you on.... As you'll probably know already that each individually university only talk in a certain amount of potential students for midwifing due to the intense training involved.

The information UCAS has told you is the correct one and you go by what they have said to you not all the different rumors okay.

I have not heard anything about waiting two years before you can reapply for any nursing fields. Normally you can get a slight opportunity the following academic year if you are quick enough to get into another university as otherwise it could be the following academic year before you might be able to get in again.

A NHS registered midwife ( band 7 senior charge nurse midwife).
Reply 2
Original post by Tracey_W
I have not been in this position what you are in.
At the end of the day the new university you want to go to so you can do your midwifing degree will have to look at all the reasons for why you have been dismissed for failure of your modules.
Each unit has there own rules and regulations regarding how many times a person can resit a module or even exams etc before they make their mind up about asking you to leave the course.
The new university will look at this before they decide to other you a place but yes it depends on whether the particular university has any available places to take you on.... As you'll probably know already that each individually university only talk in a certain amount of potential students for midwifing due to the intense training involved.
The information UCAS has told you is the correct one and you go by what they have said to you not all the different rumors okay.
I have not heard anything about waiting two years before you can reapply for any nursing fields. Normally you can get a slight opportunity the following academic year if you are quick enough to get into another university as otherwise it could be the following academic year before you might be able to get in again.
A NHS registered midwife ( band 7 senior charge nurse midwife).

Hello,

Thank you for your reply😊.
Reply 3
Original post by _precious12_
Hello,
Thank you for your reply😊.

Hi
You are welcome 🤗 🤗 🤗
Hope everything works out ok for you 🙏 🙏

Quick Reply