english literature- 4
combined scinece - 3,4
maths -3
history- 4
religious studies - 4
textiles - 2
Spanish - 2
Drama - 4

so far i think exams have been moderate and not as bad as I thought im anxious about the grade boundaries since people have found them easy. I have found maths and chemistry absolutely impossible im worried chemistry will bring down my grade.
I haven’t felt that much a stress if im being honest I have revised quite a bit but struggling to find motivation now and i feel so tired but not long left. I am completely finished with literature,textiles,drama and religious studies thank the lord. I’m struggling with maths and chemistry a lot but also history if anyone has any tips let me know.
I need to pass five things to get into collage im hoping i can do that, im also hoping i can pass maths so I don’t have to retake it .

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paigehyett08
my predicted grades from school:
english language - 4
english literature- 5
combined science - 4,4
maths - 4
history-3
religious studies - 3
textiles - 4
Spanish - 3
drama - 5
What I think I will get:
english language- 4
english literature- 4
combined scinece - 3,4
maths -3
history- 4
religious studies - 4
textiles - 2
Spanish - 2
Drama - 4
so far i think exams have been moderate and not as bad as I thought im anxious about the grade boundaries since people have found them easy. I have found maths and chemistry absolutely impossible im worried chemistry will bring down my grade.
I haven’t felt that much a stress if im being honest I have revised quite a bit but struggling to find motivation now and i feel so tired but not long left. I am completely finished with literature,textiles,drama and religious studies thank the lord. I’m struggling with maths and chemistry a lot but also history if anyone has any tips let me know.
I need to pass five things to get into collage im hoping i can do that, im also hoping i can pass maths so I don’t have to retake it .

I'm only fit to talk about sciences and maths, so for all of them, for calculations and formulae (and most of maths), just do ppqs until the method is second nature. For sciences, mainly know how to cross-apply knowledge, like in Triple Bio we got a question on CPR, so... All the knowledge is probably in there somewhere, unless you missed something and never came back to it, and with exam pressure it should resurface.
I recommend memrise and quizlet to help with Spanish :smile:
Original post by Placidusax
I'm only fit to talk about sciences and maths, so for all of them, for calculations and formulae (and most of maths), just do ppqs until the method is second nature. For sciences, mainly know how to cross-apply knowledge, like in Triple Bio we got a question on CPR, so... All the knowledge is probably in there somewhere, unless you missed something and never came back to it, and with exam pressure it should resurface.

thank you i will 100% try that over half term xx
Original post by erin11
I recommend memrise and quizlet to help with Spanish :smile:

thankyou i really struggle with listening more than anything can I practice listening on quizlet or is it more vocab?? (even if it is just for vocab it’s still very useful and I will be trying that)
also to add on i want to pass everything with at least a 4 xx
thankyou i really struggle with listening more than anything can I practice listening on quizlet or is it more vocab?? (even if it is just for vocab it’s still very useful and I will be trying that)

For listening (I take French, but it's still an mfl), I'd recommend just reading words/sentences/phrases to get used to the pronunciation, and then ppqs.

Sometimes the exams are really cruel and throw in a curveball like for French 2023 (my mocks this year) they had 'nouveaux-nés' or newborns, but it's hard to hear combinations of words, so make sure you can break down words.
Hope you get the grades you want and welcome to the community! <3
Some tips for history is if you are struggling with content create timelines are large mindmaps of the time period in order and use past papers to get an idea of the set up of the exam, how to split your time and how to set up the different questions.
Past papers are good for chemistry and maths and in the exam make sure to right out all your working out for extra marks. Also apparently Mr Bruffs YouTube channel is good and I remember things well in songs so love Matt green as well. Physics and Maths tutor also has a lot of specific lessons on different topics across STEM. Hope that helps! You can send me questions on maths and I will explain them to you if you want as well (it's my favourite subject) <3

quizlet doesn't have anything for listening (as far as im aware).
YOUTUBE - Spanish GCSE Listening practice
this playlist might help!
my predicted grades from school:
english language - 4
english literature- 5
combined science - 4,4
maths - 4
history-3
religious studies - 3
textiles - 4
Spanish - 3
drama - 5
What I think I will get:
english language- 4
english literature- 4
combined scinece - 3,4
maths -3
history- 4
religious studies - 4
textiles - 2
Spanish - 2
Drama - 4

If you need any help with maths, just tell me (I did it when I was 10 years old and got a 9), I would be very happy to help.
For listening (I take French, but it's still an mfl), I'd recommend just reading words/sentences/phrases to get used to the pronunciation, and then ppqs.
Sometimes the exams are really cruel and throw in a curveball like for French 2023 (my mocks this year) they had 'nouveaux-nés' or newborns, but it's hard to hear combinations of words, so make sure you can break down words.

okay thankyou so much sometimes I find myself unfocused during listening so I really have to try stay focused so I don’t miss anything i honestly just want a 4 (I want to be a flight attendant )
Original post by Maximum-tragedy
Some tips for history is if you are struggling with content create timelines are large mindmaps of the time period in order and use past papers to get an idea of the set up of the exam, how to split your time and how to set up the different questions.
Past papers are good for chemistry and maths and in the exam make sure to right out all your working out for extra marks. Also apparently Mr Bruffs YouTube channel is good and I remember things well in songs so love Matt green as well. Physics and Maths tutor also has a lot of specific lessons on different topics across STEM. Hope that helps! You can send me questions on maths and I will explain them to you if you want as well (it's my favourite subject) <3

Nah, Mr Salles top tier - he teaches with a spatula (English).

aww that’s so kind thank you so much I will be sure to message you this is all really helpful thankyou a lot xx
Nah, Mr Salles top tier - he teaches with a spatula (English).

Tbh I've not used most of the youtubers but a lot of people say he's good
If you need any help with maths, just tell me (I did it when I was 10 years old and got a 9), I would be very happy to help.

oh my gosh that’s amazing thankyou so much that’s so sweet x
Original post by erin11
quizlet doesn't have anything for listening (as far as im aware).
YOUTUBE - Spanish GCSE Listening practice
this playlist might help!

thankyou sooo much you’re amazing
Anyone have any exams tomorrow?
Anyone have any exams tomorrow?

Yeah I've got physics on WJEC
Yeah I've got physics on WJEC

Lovely, good luck with that then. Then half term(?)
Lovely, good luck with that then. Then half term(?)

Yeah thank god I'm so glad for a break and I've only got a few left afterwards
I've got my own GYG btw if you want to follow there https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=99493387

Quick Reply