The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open University - Playgerism

Hi all, just a quick question...

Does anyone know WHEN the open university checks TMAs for playgerism?

Does it check straight away, when we submit our TMAs, I mean before is even marked by our tutors or is it marked first, without prior checking and the check is done only in the end of the entire module, I mean when the overall scores for the module are realised?

Thank you for your help,
black.marker
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all, just a quick question...

Does anyone know WHEN the open university checks TMAs for playgerism?

Does it check straight away, when we submit our TMAs, I mean before is even marked by our tutors or is it marked first, without prior checking and the check is done only in the end of the entire module, I mean when the overall scores for the module are realised?

Thank you for your help,
black.marker

Checks are done by OU continously (with each submitted TMA). Tutors have no knowledge on if someone has plagiarised or not though because jt's a separate tram that deaps with plagiairism concerns/academic misconduct
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Checks are done by OU continously (with each submitted TMA). Tutors have no knowledge on if someone has plagiarised or not though because jt's a separate tram that deaps with plagiairism concerns/academic misconduct

Thank you. I was just wondering because it usually takes a lot longer for the last TMA/EMA and overall scores to be released and I am a bit worry that one of my first TMAs in my current module might have a bit of close paraphrasing...

Quick Reply