The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Art and Design

I’m thinking about doing design for my advanced higher as i’ve found i excel in design a lot as i find much more creativity from it. However im really stuck on what theme i should choose?
Original post by luciaannwhite
I’m thinking about doing design for my advanced higher as i’ve found i excel in design a lot as i find much more creativity from it. However im really stuck on what theme i should choose?

Hi,

It's a good question as there are many different design-based courses you could possibly undertake. I think the question to ask at this point is what is your favourite way to be creative? Are you more hands-on and physically making things, or are you more digitally inclined?

For example, if you are more hands-on, you may like courses such as fine art, craft materials/3D making, product design, and fashion/costume design. If you prefer digital work, there is a variety of courses within this area, such as interior design, game arts, animation, graphic design, and illustration.

Do have a look at our full courses at Arts University Plymouth as this may give you some ideas - https://www.aup.ac.uk/courses

Kate
Arts University Plymouth Rep
Aup.ac.uk
Talk to our students -
💻 Email us at [email protected]
☎️ Call us on 01752 203402⁠
📱 Whatsapp us at 07722 744184⁠
For a simple theme you can base it of something in nature: forest, ocean, then narrow it down to fish or moss or something. Its very easy to take that into a fashion piece but maybe not so much a poster? If you want to do a poster or something digital for design the easiest thing to do is think about what you like music wise or tv shows or movies and design something based on that

Quick Reply