The Student Room Group

My exam gcse

Hello I am a gcse student I did my maths non calculator exam and it was higher and then my teacher said I was meant to foundation for that exam and then he contacts the exam board and asked the if can do foundat for the other two exams I don’t want this and I want to do higher What should I say and do help quick
Reply 1
Original post by Jamie178
Hello I am a gcse student I did my maths non calculator exam and it was higher and then my teacher said I was meant to foundation for that exam and then he contacts the exam board and asked the if can do foundat for the other two exams I don’t want this and I want to do higher What should I say and do help quick

I'd genuinely just tell them that, it's your exams and it's your future. But it depends, how did you find the exam
Reply 2
I found that exam hard but after I went over it was easy marks I lost
Reply 3
I found that exam hard but after I went over it was easy marks I lost

Have you ever done higher paper content before that exam?
Reply 4
Original post by paull0999
I'd genuinely just tell them that, it's your exams and it's your future. But it depends, how did you find the exam
I found the paper hard but I got the paper and went over and then I understood the paper 📝
Reply 5
I found the paper hard but I got the paper and went over and then I understood the paper 📝

I'd say definitely ask but make sure you understand the difference between foundation and higher. The papers are SIGNIFICANTLY different as I'm sure you know, if you do continue on higher may I suggest watching some higher level walk throughs so you understand how higher questions work across all the papers
Reply 6
Yes thanks for the tip and I know there different and it’s much harder to get a 5 in foundation as you need more marks and higher you need to get half of the paper right to get a 5
Reply 7
Original post by paull0999
I'd say definitely ask but make sure you understand the difference between foundation and higher. The papers are SIGNIFICANTLY different as I'm sure you know, if you do continue on higher may I suggest watching some higher level walk throughs so you understand how higher questions work across all the papers

I spoke to the teacher and he said it’s his decision that he wants me to do foundation
Reply 8
I spoke to the teacher and he said it’s his decision that he wants me to do foundation
What should I say

Quick Reply