The Student Room Group

Help me

I completed my pcl nursing from nepal then after I join bachelor in psychology in queen margaret university can I switch my psychology I to nursing degree. Or I have to complete my psychology degree then I got authority to switch Into nursing...
Original post by Jharana Khatri
I completed my pcl nursing from nepal then after I join bachelor in psychology in queen margaret university can I switch my psychology I to nursing degree. Or I have to complete my psychology degree then I got authority to switch Into nursing...

If you want to do nursing, apply for nursing and don't do the psychology degree. Is there a reason why you haven't applied to nursing instead of psychology?
Original post by normaw
If you want to do nursing, apply for nursing and don't do the psychology degree. Is there a reason why you haven't applied to nursing instead of psychology?

Yes to continues nursing in uk we have to get each band 7 which is really difficult for me
Yes to continues nursing in uk we have to get each band 7 which is really difficult for me

I still don't understand sorry. Are you talking about band 7 jobs in the NHS? Nursing graduates usually enter the NHS on band 5.

To meet the entry requirements for a nursing degree you will need the equivalent of three A levels, not a degree. You could complete an Access to Higher Education diploma in a relevant subject. The Access to HE diploma is equivalent to three A levels, is widely accepted by unis and will take around a year to complete.
Original post by normaw
I still don't understand sorry. Are you talking about band 7 jobs in the NHS? Nursing graduates usually enter the NHS on band 5.
To meet the entry requirements for a nursing degree you will need the equivalent of three A levels, not a degree. You could complete an Access to Higher Education diploma in a relevant subject. The Access to HE diploma is equivalent to three A levels, is widely accepted by unis and will take around a year to complete.

I mean, pursue a bachelor's degree in nursing in the United Kingdom. IELTS English proficiency test: each band required a band 7, which was incredibly challenging for me. I would like to know if there is another way for me to continue my nursing bachelor's degree in the UK.
I mean, pursue a bachelor's degree in nursing in the United Kingdom. IELTS English proficiency test: each band required a band 7, which was incredibly challenging for me. I would like to know if there is another way for me to continue my nursing bachelor's degree in the UK.

You could look at nursing apprenticeships in the NHS but it is likely they will still require English proficiency tests. It will be a waste of time and money to do a psychology degree if you really want to do nursing. Focus on improving your English and then apply. There is help on the following page:

https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/take-ielts/prepare
Original post by normaw
You could look at nursing apprenticeships in the NHS but it is likely they will still require English proficiency tests. It will be a waste of time and money to do a psychology degree if you really want to do nursing. Focus on improving your English and then apply. There is help on the following page:
https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/take-ielts/prepare

If we finished bachelor in psychology them after join acceleration nursing program is not good is istnot good then definitely will try to get a good score
Can you let me know which accelerated nursing course you want to apply to and then I can look at the entry requirements?
I Wanna choose paediatric nursing
I wanna choose paediatric nursing . How much we can paid for that program
I wanna choose paediatric nursing . How much we can paid for that program

At which uni? The price will depend on whether you are classed as an international student or a home student.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending