The Student Room Group

Warwick,QMUL or ARU

Hello everyone, i am in the end of my BSc Psychology degree and i am wondering what master degree to enrol. Def will be Mental health, but cant decide where. Warwick have new programe - Neuroscience and Psychology of Mental Health. Absolutly I love everything about the course and the topic which will be disscused. But i dont know what career pathway will help me to go into and university doesnt have any supervised placements as QMUL for example. QMUL Ms Mental health and psychological therapies have supervised placement and it is stated to what career path can bring you this course, but it is not clear what exactly you gonna study- only depression, anxiety, psihosis or there is topics covering asd/adhd ?! And ARU they have Ms Child and adolscents mental wellbeing, but i didnt find good reviews for the course and is making me feel unsure that i want it. Any help of someone who studied some of those course will be highly appreciated! Thank you!
Reply 1
Anyone?! Some opinions please!
I am sure there are people who are studying this courses, so please share some experience about it 🙂
Original post by Yana Agarman
Hello everyone, i am in the end of my BSc Psychology degree and i am wondering what master degree to enrol. Def will be Mental health, but cant decide where. Warwick have new programe - Neuroscience and Psychology of Mental Health. Absolutly I love everything about the course and the topic which will be disscused. But i dont know what career pathway will help me to go into and university doesnt have any supervised placements as QMUL for example. QMUL Ms Mental health and psychological therapies have supervised placement and it is stated to what career path can bring you this course, but it is not clear what exactly you gonna study- only depression, anxiety, psihosis or there is topics covering asd/adhd ?! And ARU they have Ms Child and adolscents mental wellbeing, but i didnt find good reviews for the course and is making me feel unsure that i want it. Any help of someone who studied some of those course will be highly appreciated! Thank you!

Hi!

My name is Lily and I am a second year psychology student at ARU. I know your post is discussing a master's degree and this being in Child and Adolescent Mental Wellbeing, but I thought I would give some insight into ARU as a university and my experience.

Firstly I was wondering on any specific queries you have with the university, as would love to ease these for you. It can be really hard to decide what path to choose when making future plans, so I can totally understand and is probably really overwhelming. My experience at ARU has been nothing but positive. I have felt vasts amount of support not only from my lecturers but from other sources such as study skills plus. This allows me to develop my academic work and gives me support in ways I am struggling. As well as this there is always support from the wellbeing team if you are struggling, which is one of ARU's main attributes to support this by providing counselling and wellbeing workshops.

As well as this, I know in my undergraduate degree there is a lot of support for future plans, being a masters degree or full time employment. There is always lots of jobs being published on Canvas, as well as employability events which you can go along to and discuss with companies possible career options. I have found this really useful to decipher what I need to do before I reach my end goal. In addition, talking to my tutor about concerns to do with employability has been a main resort for me as I am now entering my third year.

I hope this helps, and if there are any main concerns please let me know,
Thank you,

ARU Digital Ambassador
Lily

Quick Reply