The Student Room Group

is it weird to be single

hi im 14 i have no gf or bf and i feel wrong that everyone has a gf or bf
I am 18 and didnt have a bf until last year, it absolutely is not necessary and i know at 14 relationships seem really important lol but i promise they're not and they are not a reflection of your self-worth. If you learn to be content with yourself and trust that in the future, however distant, you will find love, then you won't need to worry :smile:
Original post by Anonymous

its not weird, but if you want a gf or bf find one

Never rush into getting to a relationship ur still young u don't need to be dating yet

A reason for being single could be that you have concrete ideas for a serious relationship and girl- or boyfriends characteristic traits. That is unusual to your age, but pretty mature.
I am 22 and single , it’s normal to be single or in a relationship..but we feel it’s not normal when we’re surrounded by a lot of ppl who are different, maybe u have a lot if friends in a relationship that’s why you started questioning it but believe me it is completely normal and it’s just a matter of time .
It's not weird at all, don't worry. I had my first 'proper' girlfriend at 16 and it was a terrible experience so I don't think you're missing out on much at 14.

you probably only feel like everyone else jas one because you notice it because you want it, but i can guarantee you that you're not the only single one and probably not even in the minority but if you are its probably better, if you wait for your person to come into your life then you can make sure youre who you want to be (and if you're comfortable in yourself you'll attract the right kinda person anyway) but im 18 now and i only got my first bf a year ago so theres honestly no rush at all xx
Not at all. I'm 14 and have never dated anyone before nor am I now. People point it out to me al the time, but I actually enjoy being a single pringle 😁😂

Quick Reply