The Student Room Group

Is Matric from Pakistan is equal to GCSE?

We came here in UK in Feb 2024. I couldn't register on time to sit in GCSE exams. However I have passed Matric from Pakistan with A+ grade. I applied to different colleges for A Level admission but they ask to provide comparability statement. Then I submitted my application to ENIC but they refused to provide the comparability with a reason that Matric is below the GCSE level.

If I do Level II course, its grade will be too low to get admission in any good college.

What is the best way to get admission in A Level September 2024 session?
Original post by mksoodahmed
We came here in UK in Feb 2024. I couldn't register on time to sit in GCSE exams. However I have passed Matric from Pakistan with A+ grade. I applied to different colleges for A Level admission but they ask to provide comparability statement. Then I submitted my application to ENIC but they refused to provide the comparability with a reason that Matric is below the GCSE level.
If I do Level II course, its grade will be too low to get admission in any good college.

Hey.... I also went through the same thing so I can give u a bit of advice. First of all yes matric is not equivalent to GCSEs but that doesn't stop you there, if you have got your matric results you should apply to different colleges online or maybe go there in person. For me I applied to many Sixth forms but all of them wanted gcses. Then I went to new city college and they enrolled me in but they assessed me on English and maths. So I'll just say try to apply to different colleges also not just Sixth forms. And even if you are getting enrolled in btec courses just get in after a couple of weeks they ask you if you want to continue studying your current subjects then you can object (that's what I did)😅..... and I hope you get into a college soon. I know how it feels😖
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply. Where is new city college located?
There are many branches of it throughout London, just few of them offer A levels. Remaining ones offer t levels and btec, just go to their website then u can see if they are offering the course you are interested in. Also there are open days aswell so you can come in to the college and see the setting
Reply 4

https://ibcc.edu.pk/rules-for-equivalence/
Reply 5

Pakistan matrix /SSC with 8 subjects minimum grade E = GCSE ! = level 2 functional skills maths
Pakistan matrix /SSC with 8 subjects minimum grade E = GCSE ! = level 2 functional skills maths

Yupp it says this on the Google but when I went for admissions all of tge Sixth forms said that it is below the gcse level.... 🤷*♀️

Quick Reply