The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham uni crime

How safe do you feel in Nottingham? Is the crime rate high and is the uni in a dodgy area?
Original post by Anonymous
How safe do you feel in Nottingham? Is the crime rate high and is the uni in a dodgy area?

Uni of Nottingham isn't in a dodgy area at all. It's a campus uni that you have to either physically drive into or walk into with a lake, fields, lots of green spaces and a park. I've never had any crime-related issues in Nottingham - always in other cities.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
uni of notts is not in the city, its in a really nice area 10 mins away from the city, no issue with crime in my experience around there. in The city however its like any other major city, but I would never say I felt unsafe
Hello,

The main campus (University Park) is located 2/3 miles away from the city centre, and one could argue that the area is safe overall. The same applies to Jubilee Campus, which about 10/15 min away from University Park. Likewise, the institution have a dedicated security team that operates 24 hours, 7 days a week. There is an extensive set CCTV cameras installed across the campus and within the buildings, as well as intruder alarms, and door access systems to keep everyone safe.

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Abian.

Apart from the fatal stabbinngs from last June, no major crime has been recorded.

Quick Reply