The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford

ARU cambridge psychology with foundation year

i would like to know what the timetable/schedule is like for psychology with foundation year and the hours as i would not be living in cambridge and this would be very useful for me. thank you
heya try to reach out to them by emailing i'm sure the admissions team will be able to guide u through.. also are u starting in sept? and what grades did u get if u dont mind me asking x (i've applied for ARU cambs as well for a foundation in biomed ) x
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Reply 2
hiiiii, yes i will do on tuesday after bank holiday. yes i am starting in september. my grades in the mocks i did were passes and merits, so not the best but not the worst. i still have exams to complete. also are you getting accomodation in cambridge? have you been to the uni for a trip yet? x
Original post by Anonymous
i would like to know what the timetable/schedule is like for psychology with foundation year and the hours as i would not be living in cambridge and this would be very useful for me. thank you

Hi there !

I’m Lily a second year psychology student at ARU. I’m also a commuter so understand this information will be super useful.

So in terms of you doing a foundation year, I didn’t do this but I can’t imagine it would be far different from what my timetabling is like. So you usually have three modules a term, ranging in credits which determines how much teaching time is required. You will be receiving lectures which will teach the content, and seminars which is a smaller class in which will includes a more in-depth discussion on the lectures from that week.

In my first term in my first year, I had one big module which required 3 hours worth of lectures a week, and the other two ranging from 1-2 hours each week. Lectures will usually be spread throughout 2 days, in my first year I was in for a full day, 10-4 and then the other two half days from 10-1. In terms of seminars you will usually have 3 hours on one day. Usually you will be required to go in three days a week, but if for example the seminar classes don’t work for you, you can always apply to try and change your seminar class. You usually can’t do this for lectures as there is just one big class for the lectures.

I hope this helps answer your questions and concerns, if there’s anything else you want to discuss, please let me know.

ARU Digital Ambassador
Lily Bayford
Reply 4
Hello Lily,
Thank you for replying to my post. So we only have three hours a day, no more than that? I am still a bit confused, so i apologise. I also do have another question if that is okay. If i do one year at ARU, can i transfer to another university after completing my foundation year?
Original post by Anonymous
Hello Lily,
Thank you for replying to my post. So we only have three hours a day, no more than that? I am still a bit confused, so i apologise. I also do have another question if that is okay. If i do one year at ARU, can i transfer to another university after completing my foundation year?

Hi again,

Sorry for any confusion. In my first year I had one full day, from 10-4 and two 3-4 hour days. This may have changed by the time you join and was only my personal timetable so I can't guarantee that yours would look like this due to you being in a foundation year, but usually only required to go in 3 days a week.

Also I am not sure if you would be able to transfer to another university, this may be a question you will want to email, [email protected]

Any other queries please feel free to ask,

Lily
ARU
Digital Ambassador

Quick Reply