The Student Room Group

3 u grades at a levels

Hi guys i have absolutley fd up scoring 3us on my a levles but i dont wanna retake sixth form is there any uni that would let me take a foundation year with the following grades (3u's) and to do biomedicine ????? Please could someone suggest something id be very grateful ps my anxiety is going through the roof rn
How do you know that you have 3 U grades.
Reply 2
Original post by mcginger
how do you know that you have 3 u grades.
i just know now do u know a uni that will let me do a found year i beg
Why would they - you'd have no A levels.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
Why would they - you'd have no A levels.

are u mad ? i didnt say i was going to apply for direct entry into a bsc degree i would do a foundation year and its pretty much a gateway to uni so the a levels wouldnt matter It's meant to prepare you for a degree regardless of past grades
Reply 5
yeah but they're gonna ask you what you did between your gcses and time of application...
Reply 6
Original post by gowr11
yeah but they're gonna ask you what you did between your gcses and time of application...

Yh i could give them all proof they want that I attended a sixth form and not everything went per plan.
Reply 7
Original post by alzhusss16
Yh i could give them all proof they want that I attended a sixth form and not everything went per plan.

p.s my gcses were decent i just screwed my a levels
are u mad ? i didnt say i was going to apply for direct entry into a bsc degree i would do a foundation year and its pretty much a gateway to uni so the a levels wouldnt matter It's meant to prepare you for a degree regardless of past grades

What are the requirements for a foundation degree? UUU? Higher?
You cannot get a place on a Foundation year with just GCSEs.
Hi guys i have absolutley fd up scoring 3us on my a levles but i dont wanna retake sixth form is there any uni that would let me take a foundation year with the following grades (3u's) and to do biomedicine ????? Please could someone suggest something id be very grateful ps my anxiety is going through the roof rn

Honest answer? Highly unlikely as you need both GCSEs and A Levels usually at CCC or higher to do biomedical. You'd have to either repeat year 13 do sit your exams as a private candidate. Some unis don't allow for a retake so you'll need to double check.
Original post by ageshallnot
What are the requirements for a foundation degree? UUU? Higher?

pretty sure its just a pass in english and maths unis offer foundation years for students who don't have the A Level qualifications so these programs are designed to prepare students for degree-level study
pretty sure its just a pass in english and maths unis offer foundation years for students who don't have the A Level qualifications so these programs are designed to prepare students for degree-level study

like if i was to apply with clearing i'm bound to get aceepted somewhere

Have you checked individual courses?
Reply 14
well the foundation year is the option for people who don't do too well in their a levels (Cs) . A U means you didn't pass so you don't actually have the qualification.

I've had a look at Nottingham Trent university, biomedical sciences with a foundation year. You'll need 72 UCAS Tariff points from three A-levels or equivalent. So unless you have equivalents, probably not.

Quick Reply