The Student Room Group

History revison

My friend who is in my year (Y10) is struggling with how to revise her history do you think anyone would be able to help? We have our mocks soon and she doesn't know how to revise shes not sure her exam board but any tips would be grateful Thanks,
Cerys
Reply 1
Original post by Cerys2024
My friend who is in my year (Y10) is struggling with how to revise her history do you think anyone would be able to help? We have our mocks soon and she doesn't know how to revise shes not sure her exam board but any tips would be grateful Thanks,
Cerys
definitely find out the exam board and if she does edexcel buy thé pearson edexcel workbooks with the picture of the people at the front, you will know when u see. make sure she does ESSAY PLANS!! this will help condense her knowledge so if the question comes in the real thing she knows exactly her points
Reply 2
Unfortunately I found my teachers essay feedback to be unconstructive.

So here's how I went from a grade 6 in my December mock to a 9 in my GCSE (AQA):

Identify your weak areas. This was easy for me to do based on my mocks, so if you're in yr 10 maybe just look through the spec. So for example, the paper on the league of nations and that stuff (I can't remember what that paper is called sorry) was really easy for me because I knew a lot of it. The other Germany paper not so much. So I made notes in a timeline order (keep the notes INCREDIBLY concise, you can't be writing down every single thing) but make sure you have dates as this is crucial to gain marks as well as the occasional statistic or 'fun fact' (I threw in that Ernst rohm was a homosexual and this is why he couldn't be kept in the party as it would reflect badly on their traditional values). Make flashcards with these events, and on the back write a brief summary of the event + the date + people involved. Repeat for all papers.

Next is structure. History mark schemes are insanely specific. So make sure you know what questions need the provenance or what questions need a judgement on how convincing it is etc.

So now you've learnt the content and structure. Chatgpt basically saved my exams. Ask it to 'ask me a 16 mark question on power and the people (or whatever other topic) AQA GCSE history', it will ask you, you write your response, then ask for feedback. It will say what you did well and what can be improved and give a rough mark. Remember this is not aqa themselves so it won't be 100% accurate marking. But it gives you a general idea. Keep adding in those improvements until you perfect the piece. Then just repeat this as many times as possible with all the topics necessary.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending