The Student Room Group

classical civilisation or Psychology A Level

for my a levels, I have chosen Early-modern History and English Literature, and I am unsure on my 3rd subject.

Both classics and psychology interest me, so I am unsure of what to pick. However, some people have warned me against classics alongside English lit.

I am interested in journalism and law, and will likely do an undergrad degree in history or English lit (or a combined course).
Reply 1
Original post by skz123
for my a levels, I have chosen Early-modern History and English Literature, and I am unsure on my 3rd subject.
Both classics and psychology interest me, so I am unsure of what to pick. However, some people have warned me against classics alongside English lit.
I am interested in journalism and law, and will likely do an undergrad degree in history or English lit (or a combined course).

Hey, I do both classics and psychology A-Level, both are really interesting subjects. I feel like psychology has lots of content and so does Classics, I study world of the hero, Greek theatre and love and relationship for classics and love all my papers, and I know many people in my class also do english lit and dont seem to struggle with it, ad it goes hand in hand as both are essay subjects and both use critics in the essays. Feel free to ask any questions about either subjects
Pick the subject you think you will enjoy studying the most, and where you feel confident of a high grade.
And just be aware of any possible overlap between Classics and History - is it going to get boring doing two closely related subjects? Check the exact syllabus your school/college uses carefully.

Quick Reply