The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff Uni Accommodation Allocation

Is it first come first serve and if I firmed Cardiff now what is the likelyhood I would get my first choice?
Original post by Anonymous
Is it first come first serve and if I firmed Cardiff now what is the likelyhood I would get my first choice?

If it was a niche one like quiet accom or welsh speaking, I think almost guaranteed. Otherwise im not 100%, very unlikely to be the ones near the bottom of your preferences. Most of the places really aren't that different in terms of costs or quality so even if its not top choice it hopefully wont be too bad. Biggest concern in getting a different one would be location.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by anonymous

Hi there,

The student accommodation website states that:
"We will try to offer you one of your higher preferences when allocating you a place in accommodation.
If there is not a vacancy in your first choice of accommodation, we will consider all your other choices in priority order until we can locate a vacancy for you. Because the residences vary in the numbers of students they accommodate and some are more popular than others, obtaining your higher preferences can't be guaranteed. If your preferred accommodation is no longer available, we will make you what we consider a suitable alternative offer."

It is more about whether the accommodation you applied for is more popular or not, and this is hard to predict. I hope that helps!

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending