The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Best uni accomodation for cardiff

Are all of the taly accommodations social and are there any other accomodation that you would recommend?
Original post by Anonymous
Are all of the taly accommodations social and are there any other accomodation that you would recommend?

taly south is the most social by far. taly north can be social but is definitely quieter. i don’t know much about court and gate but they’re definitely not as social as south.
i’m in north and prefer that it’s a bit quieter than south. i know people in seng court and hall who have social flats too, so any accom can be social if you’re with the right people. i haven’t heard of any of the other accoms being particularly social
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
taly south is the most social by far. taly north can be social but is definitely quieter. i don’t know much about court and gate but they’re definitely not as social as south.
i’m in north and prefer that it’s a bit quieter than south. i know people in seng court and hall who have social flats too, so any accom can be social if you’re with the right people. i haven’t heard of any of the other accoms being particularly social
Thank you, I haven’t applied for accommodation yetand I’m worried I won’t get any of my top choices.Do you think it’s too late to get my top choices?

For the upcoming academic year, the University has also reserved some rooms owned by Unite Students. They're quite nice, having had stayed in them myself, and are quite close to the city center. I'd recommend having a look at Adam Street Gardens or Ty Pont Haearn :smile:

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep
Thank you, I haven’t applied for accommodation yetand I’m worried I won’t get any of my top choices.Do you think it’s too late to get my top choices?

I applied around this time last year, and got my 4th choice, which was taly north. I missed out on taly court, taly gate and colum hall which i had put as my top 3. So it’s definitely not too late to get a good choice, but court and gate fill up first so it might be unlikely to get those

Quick Reply