Turn on thread page Beta

Anybody thought of doing any tsunami charity nights? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just been thinking of it tonight and wondering how I could make a different to the world, then I was thinking what about hosting a charity DJ night at a local bar? I reckon it will be quite easy, I already looked into how I register to it etc to make sure the money goes to charity.

I want to help raise the Manchester million and this seems like a good way to do it, its just a shame I don't have much time at the moment, I always get these silly ideas in my head though.

My heads just full of ideas at the moment though, I am trying desperatly to become some kind of local social entreprenuer and business entreprenuer just so I don't have get a job. I'm still a little kid, but then Tony Wilson had this attitude and he ended up owning a record company and night club. The only problem is I would be competing against 2000 other local Tony Wilson's in the area.

Is doing stuff for charity for personal benefit wrong though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Is doing stuff for charity for personal benefit wrong though?
    Yes and no. Depends on whether you really care about who and what you are doing it for.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriends band is doing a fundraising gig

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VixenIW)
    My boyfriends band is doing a fundraising gig
    Where?

The charity group I work for is organising several gigs in Northants. They are good fun to do (often) and also can make lots of money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrsC)
    Where?

The charity group I work for is organising several gigs in Northants. They are good fun to do (often) and also can make lots of money.
    Just some social club place down here. The southern vectis social club to be exact. Unfortunately only 100 tickets can be sold.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately only 100 tickets can be sold.
    Bummer this is often a problem we face. Also not every ticket sold means someone is coming but at least you get the money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrsC)
    Bummer this is often a problem we face. Also not every ticket sold means someone is coming but at least you get the money.
    Thats true. But its annoying when people reserve tickets, promise to come and pay on the door, but dont show up.... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Thats true. But its annoying when people reserve tickets, promise to come and pay on the door, but dont show up.... :mad:
    With you on that one all the way. The one we are having the end of this week we have gone for a 3/4 split on the tickets and kept 1/4 for sale on the door (not my decision I would have sold as many as possible!). :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking about going to Sri Lanka/Thailand to do some aid work *-)

ReputationRep:
    I donated some change in the club on New Years Eve.

That's all i've done. I'm a bad man.

ReputationRep:
    ive donated £10 and gone to a charity gig, I want to do more though and for some reason I just think I can. I am not just not normal.

ReputationRep:
    i donated £20 and i keep listening to 'tsunami' by the Manics.

ReputationRep:
    My friends and I went to this concert which specifically raised money for the Tsunami victims, along with us donating more dosh, if that counts... ?

ReputationRep:
    In March i'm going to party in aid of the tsunami. tickets prices, some of the drink all go to charity. plus there's gonna b an auction of ppl, so various guys and girlies willl b auctioned off and that money will also go to the tsunami relief

ReputationRep:
    We're having one at Uni in our halls bar..the JCR have set up an Ann Summers ladies night in with all profits going to the Tsunami Appeal. There have been lots of club socials as fundraisers for the tsunami too.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to a couple. Don't have the contacts or the drive to do one myself though...

AT, I'm a little worried that you aspire to be like Tony Wilson... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    I'm going to a couple. Don't have the contacts or the drive to do one myself though...

AT, I'm a little worried that you aspire to be like Tony Wilson... :p:
    Lol it worries me too, my other hero is Jeremy Clarkson. They are both complete twits.

ReputationRep:
    They had a beach party at one of the college here :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    They had a beach party at one of the college here :rolleyes:

One of my Cambridge friends told me about that!

I read about a school somewhere doing a sponsored swim too...

...silly people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    I was thinking about going to Sri Lanka/Thailand to do some aid work *-)
    To whichever ****tard neg repped me for that, it was serious comment, so unless you find someone actually going over there for 3/4 months to help out "tasteless", get ****ed you ****ing moronic ****.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.