Anybody thought of doing any tsunami charity nights? Watch

This discussion is closed.
happydinosaur
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
I am kind of involved in a cabaret style entertainment night for it..well I am not in it because my performing skills when it comes to singing and dancing are pretty limited so I offered to work backstage. We are turning the studio of the theatre we go to into a cabaret club for a night and it should be fab-live music, dance, and some bits of drama thrown in too!!
glance
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There's so much fundraising for the tsunami appeal, people seem to have forgotten about the 40 million or so people with HIV, and 2/3 of the world living in poverty, all the problems in the Sudan, wars, drought, famine...it still goes on..
happydinosaur
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by glance)
There's so much fundraising for the tsunami appeal, people seem to have forgotten about the 40 million or so people with HIV, and 2/3 of the world living in poverty, all the problems in the Sudan, wars, drought, famine...it still goes on..
I know I was discussing this in school with someone...all the fundraising for it in school was really annoying because yes ok it was really terrible but it was a once off and people dying of illness and poverty will continue every single day..

Still doesn't mean that people shouldn't fundraise for the tsunami appeal because it will need money to restore things and stop those areas becomming poverty stricken and all that too

but no we shouldn't forget everything else
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (142)
17.95%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
26.93%
Not great so far... (283)
35.78%
I want to drop out! (153)
19.34%

Watched Threads