The Student Room Group

English Language Paper 1 Question 5 is using part of an English lit quote plagiarism?

In my English Language Paper 1 Question 5 I used half of a line from the Ozymandias poem in my description - lone and level sands. Will this be classed as plagiarism?
In my English Language Paper 1 Question 5 I used half of a line from the Ozymandias poem in my description - lone and level sands. Will this be classed as plagiarism?

I very much doubt it - but i'm not sure. To be honest, I doubt the examiner will know Ozymandis word for word and be able to spot it in a GCSE Q5 so I really wouldn't worry about it. They micgt flag something as plagiarism if you completely copied another story, but I doubt you will be marked down for using one half line from a poem

No, I'm pretty sure they don't care - in fact my teacher highly recommended that my class do that as the quotes from the texts & poems are often very good as they contain lots of language devices :smile:

e.g. I used 'half-formed ghost' & 'dropped like luxuries' in my story
Reply 3
Original post by Super Sprinkles
No, I'm pretty sure they don't care - in fact my teacher highly recommended that my class do that as the quotes from the texts & poems are often very good as they contain lots of language devices :smile:
e.g. I used 'half-formed ghost' & 'dropped like luxuries' in my story
I was so worried because I used a line from the destruction of sennacharib lol this put me at ease slightly

Quick Reply