The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan for 2024/25 year

I've recently got my student finance loan confirmation through and its 4000 pounds less than my first year even though my family's financial circumstances hasn't changed. According to the boundaries, I should be getting the max amount but it says I'm only eligible for the minimum which is not enough for me to live on next year even if I get a job. I'm not sure what to do as SF aren't responding to any emails.
Original post by Soph H
I've recently got my student finance loan confirmation through and its 4000 pounds less than my first year even though my family's financial circumstances hasn't changed. According to the boundaries, I should be getting the max amount but it says I'm only eligible for the minimum which is not enough for me to live on next year even if I get a job. I'm not sure what to do as SF aren't responding to any emails.

Did you apply for the income-dependant portion of the loan again? Check if you missed this. If you did complete it, then they might still be processing that part of your application and your loan will be revised once complete. It is currently taking 21 working days from submitting evidence to processing applications.

Also, SFE don't respond to emails. The best way to get in touch is by using the online chat function when logged into your account. This is only available during working hours. Alternatively, you can phone but check opening hours.
I am a parent and I contacted Student Finance today about this , I was told they give every student the basic amount initially but assess your financial situation if you have ticked to be assessed for the Income dependent Loan part - Once they have assessed it they will let you know if there are any adjustments due

Quick Reply