The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Postgrad in-college rooms

Hello, I'm an incoming international PG student planning to live in-college (catered). But I'm wondering if PG rooms are mixed in with UG rooms, or if we're on a separate floor/building/etc? I know some of the self-catered PG accommodations are PG-only, but I'm wondering how it works for catered.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I'm an incoming international PG student planning to live in-college (catered). But I'm wondering if PG rooms are mixed in with UG rooms, or if we're on a separate floor/building/etc? I know some of the self-catered PG accommodations are PG-only, but I'm wondering how it works for catered.

For my college (Trevs) I think we have post grad landings so they are generally all grouped together in some sense
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous

Hiya,

In my college (Cuths), PG's had their own floor from what I remember and were put all PG flats but in the same building as UG's so they were in a sense separated from the UG or at least partially. Generally from my understanding, PG's and UG's won't really be placed in the same flat/hall (possibly the same building or block) but I'm not sure how that differs with every college or if all colleges allocate a hall/floor of a building to PG's.

I would recommend emailing/contacting your allocated college and inquiring about that, they'll have more info on that 🙂

-Ghala

Quick Reply