The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath university stats

Hi, I am currently a year 11 student, who would love to go to bath I would love to take a course in business there. I was wondering for anyone who goes there what your stats were? e.g. what scores you got in GCSES and A-levels.

Do your GCSE scores truly matter?
Reply 1
Original post by KWood11
Hi, I am currently a year 11 student, who would love to go to bath I would love to take a course in business there. I was wondering for anyone who goes there what your stats were? e.g. what scores you got in GCSES and A-levels.

Bath, like many universities, will look at your GCSEs holistically as part of your application. The most important ones will be your maths and English (and sometimes science).

Looking at Business specifically, you'll want to have a grade 6 in both maths and English (this can be language or literature), and the majority of your GCSEs should be around grade seven.

If you scroll up you can see they're looking for AAA or A*AB.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
I've firmed it for physics. My GCSEs were 9 nines, an 8, and a 6. My predicteds are A*AAAA in maths, FM, physics, chemistry and EPQ respectively. As has previously been posted, I think the only grades that matter are the ones relevant to your course (and the non-optional ones). Your GCSE scores shouldn't matter too much, unless ur applying for a competitive course like engineering or cs
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by KWood11

it depends on the course ur applying for but id def say the unis in the same league will ask for 7 and above in maths or a science as well as proficiency in English lang. mostly its your a levels that they take into account

ive firmed bath as first and got 7 in all igcses including 2 9s I also have 2 A*s and 2 As at a level🙂 wishing u luck xx

Quick Reply