The Student Room Group

Apply to Bachelor Oxbridge with Grades of first Bachelor

Do you know if you can apply for a bachelor's degree at Oxbridge using your first bachelor's grades?
(edited 1 month ago)
Why would you want to do this?
Reply 2
Why would you want to do this?

Because my A-Levels are not good enough but my Bachelor will meet the requirements.
Original post by A.D.A.M
Because my A-Levels are not good enough but my Bachelor will meet the requirements.

Are you planning to take a second undergraduate degree in the same course?

What benefit do you think you will get from this?

There’s a lot of issues taking a second undergraduate degree. If you’re a uk student then it’s incredibly expensive and if you’re international then there’s issues getting a visa.
Reply 4
Are you planning to take a second undergraduate degree in the same course?
What benefit do you think you will get from this?
There’s a lot of issues taking a second undergraduate degree. If you’re a uk student then it’s incredibly expensive and if you’re international then there’s issues getting a visa.

No, it is not the same course. I've studied Communication Management in Germany and want to apply to PPE.
Original post by A.D.A.M
No, it is not the same course. I've studied Communication Management in Germany and want to apply to PPE.

What do you think you would gain from this that you couldn’t get from an appropriate masters degree?
As above - do a postgraduate degree at Oxford or Cambridge, or any other UK University.
Reply 7
What do you think you would gain from this that you couldn’t get from an appropriate masters degree?

I don't think there is a postgraduate course that is comparable and I also think that there is a difference in how much you learn in a 3 year degree and how much you learn in a 9 month or 2 year degree.
Original post by A.D.A.M
I don't think there is a postgraduate course that is comparable and I also think that there is a difference in how much you learn in a 3 year degree and how much you learn in a 9 month or 2 year degree.

I’m maybe not being clear.

What is your goal to use the degree for? What do you want to do after the degree?
The answer to your question is yes you can apply for a second undergraduate degree and your first degree grades will count for more than your school grades. There is information on the Oxford website about second undergraduate degrees and applying as a mature student.

Quick Reply