The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL UK???( UOE)

Hi,
I was wondering if uk Russell group unis allow international a levels as someone who lives in uk. For EG:IF I was doing chemistry, maths, and physics with Edexcel IAL instead of normal national exam boards like AQA, OCR etc… would I have the same chance of getting into like like Edinburgh for chemical engineering as someone doing the typical exam boards like aqa or whatever. Also even if I live in uk would I have to apply as international student or just normal
Original post by Www.NîckName.con
Hi,
I was wondering if uk Russell group unis allow international a levels as someone who lives in uk. For EG:IF I was doing chemistry, maths, and physics with Edexcel IAL instead of normal national exam boards like AQA, OCR etc… would I have the same chance of getting into like like Edinburgh for chemical engineering as someone doing the typical exam boards like aqa or whatever. Also even if I live in uk would I have to apply as international student or just normal

I don't know of any university, Russell Group or otherwise, that doesn't treat IGCSEs as if they were GCSEs and International A levels as if they were "regular" A levels - regardless of your home country. In other words, your qualifications should not be an issue.

Whether you are treated as a home or international student is a function of your nationality, permanent residency, immigration status etc. not whether you have studied A levels or International A levels.
Original post by DataVenia
I don't know of any university, Russell Group or otherwise, that doesn't treat IGCSEs as if they were GCSEs and International A levels as if they were "regular" A levels - regardless of your home country. In other words, your qualifications should not be an issue.
Whether you are treated as a home or international student is a function of your nationality, permanent residency, immigration status etc. not whether you have studied A levels or International A levels.

Thanks that was really helpful
Original post by Www.NîckName.con
Thanks that was really helpful

You're welcome.

Quick Reply