The Student Room Group

Pls help

I have been speaking to this guy on and off. He seemed very good in the beginning. We talked about our future, kids, marriage etc...but he became very interested in seeing my pictures rather than actually having a convo with me. When we would talk he'd be like send me ur pictures. I would do it and he'd just kinds disappear after a few minutes. I thought that's weird so I'd message and ask what happened and then no messages would go through - he'd block me. I found this really weird and upsetting bc I was really interested in him. I would just get really heartbroken and cry and cry. After a month or so I'd message him again telling him I miss him and it'll go through. But he would act very weird. H'd say things like you missed me?
Are you gonna please me?
Send me ur pics but ones in tight clothes. I would get uncomfortable and say no why are u being weird. This has gone on for months - nearly 2 years and I become more and more attached to him. I think I even love him. I don't get it, how can I love someone with such a rubbish personality?
He doesn't even try anymore he just says I want u to just please me that's all. I don't wanna have any other sort of convo with you and this breaks me. I cry and cry and I tell him why are u like this what's wrong with you. He says ik u love me so much, ur obsessed with me and you'd do anything I say. I can't seem to get out of this idk what to do
Not sure if this post is a joke or not but seeing as it might be serious, just block him. You may not even listen to that advice but oh well, your life not mine
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Not sure if this post is a joke or not but seeing as it might be serious, just block him. You may not even listen to that advice but oh well, your life not mine

not a joke unfortunately. I've blocked him now

Good choice, now go on with your life, move on. In a world with 8 billion people, I’m sure you’ll find a better one than this guy
Unlike Anonymous #2, I can see that this IS really serious.
Anonymous #1
You have the right to be safe.
You have the right to be treated with respect.
You have the right to your own privacy.
You have the right to ask questions about anything that affects your life & you have the right to make decisions that affect you.
You have the right to say no.

From reading your message, it seems like this person does not treat you as if you have the above rights. The person sounds controlling. It doesn't sound as if he cares about your humanity he just cares about himself.

It sounds like putting some distance between you both would be very helpful. Also, if possible, try to talk to someone you trust about his behaviour, what he was demanding of you & how it has been impacting you.

Know that it's ok to cry about it. If possible, try also to take some time to do things that you enjoy or find relaxing. Take good care of yourself.

I'm really glad you've blocked him! After how he's treated you, that can't be easy I hope you're proud of yourself:smile:
Reply 6
Anonymous #1
You have the right to ask questions about anything that affects your life & you have the right to make decisions that affect you.
From reading your message, it seems like this person does not treat you as if you have the above rights. The person sounds controlling. It doesn't sound as if he cares about your humanity he just cares about himself.
It sounds like putting some distance between you both would be very helpful. Also, if possible, try to talk to someone you trust about his behaviour, what he was demanding of you & how it has been impacting you.
Know that it's ok to cry about it. If possible, try also to take some time to do things that you enjoy or find relaxing. Take good care of yourself.

Thank you for your kind words. It means a lot. Yes, his behaviour has really made me question my self worth and I have slowly lost a lot of self respect because of the horrible things he says. I just don't understand why I have love for a person like that when I know that he is by far the worst person I have ever met.
Reply 7
Anonymous #1

I feel like he goes through things in his personal life, there are things he struggles with which makes him behave the way he does. There have been times when we has apologised and told me to just stay away from him because I deserve better but when he says these things I feel even worse, bc I feel like I need to help him and be there for him

Quick Reply